cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone agent disconnected my PHONE SIM instead of transferring my OneNumber.

paulloughran
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Where do I start, appalled at the incompetence of agents on the web chat.

I was told at the time of ordering my new Apple Watch that the agent swapped my OneNumber account over from my old one, this wasn't true.

I couldn't transfer my OneNumber to the new watches EID number because the formatting on the MyVodafone app does not allow it to be entered with correct spacing.

I contacted an agent on the web chat to transfer the OneNumber connection for me and instead of transferring a OneNumber connection she attempted to transfer my actual phone number over to an eSIM, leaving me unable to receive service/texts/calls.

The next agent I spoke to couldn't do anything for me as I could no longer receive security codes, even though that was entirely Vodafone's fault. He asked me to fill out a Sim Swap form to switch my phone number back to my physical sim with my actual contract on it. 

I've now received an email from Vodafone saying this CAN'T BE DONE, as the serial number on my sim is not attached my my Vodafone account?

So after a simple support chat to switch a data plan from my old watch to my new one I've been left with no service on my phone or my watch.

This is an absolute disgrace and I can't wait for the earliest opportunity to leave Vodafone.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can certainly understand and appreciate why you'd be unimpressed with this to say the least @paulloughran 

It sounds like the Live Chat Agent hasn't understood at all what you wanted to achieve !

If you haven't already circumvent Live Chat and call Vodafone Customer Services.

And or speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM and link back to your thread here including your username so your not having to repeat yourself.

They can't access accounts from the forum.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.