Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail issues

Geko356
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, hopefully someone can help me.? I’ve been with Vodafone for about a month and am using an iPhone ES. I have yet to receive a direct call. All my incoming calls seem to go straight to voicemail despite me constantly re-seething the voicemail option. If I turn my voicemail off completely the phone becomes completely unobtainable/uncontactable I can’t seem to get hold of anyone to talk to. The Vodaphone tech support seems non existent. I can’t even get online support as it just keeps crashing. I am really disappointed with the service so far. Please, can someone tell me who I need to contact and how I contact them?

Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @hannahvghk - I can see you've said that it's non-contacts that aren't able to get through to you, have you tried checking these settings? Settings > Do not disturb > If this is enabled and you have 'Allow Calls from' set to only contacts then non-contacts will not be able to reach you.

@Geko356 I'm really sorry to hear you're still having these issues, if you have dropped us a message on Facebook and Twitter please pass over the handle you used to message us and I'll make sure it gets picked up 😊

Hi thanks for the suggestion but yes between Vodafone and Apple help desks we've tried every setting. Its still not working. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Vodafone say its an Apple hardware problem and Apple say its a network problem.....

Hi @evie

The tech team have tried everything. There seems to be some consensus that it’s a porting issue but I can’t get hold of anyone that can help. I’ve made two more appointments with the tech team but they’ve failed to call me on both occasions.

That’s not good customer service. I’m surprised they’ve not got black but maybe they just don’t know how to fix the issue so are avoiding that conversation. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I understand how important it is to get this resolved for you both @hannahvghk @Geko356 - If you haven't already, please get in contact with us on Facebook or Twitter via the link I've provided above and we can get this investigated further.

Evie sorry I don’t have Facebook or twitter so am not able to contact as you suggest....is there another option.. 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hannahvghk In this case the best way to get in contact, would be via 191 or Live Chat

The replacement sim has finally arrived after a two week wait. I promptly installed it and moved the number across hoping that all my problems would be solved. Unfortunately, they weren’t. To see if it was phone/hardware related I also swapped the sim to an old iPhone 6s and still won’t come off voicemail. Just to reiterate I did not have this problem when the number was with my company account, it’s only since it’s been moved across to a private account (both were with Vodafone). Somebody please tell me how I solve this?

I finally have a solution!!!

My thanks go out to Jamie from the tech team in Norwich for solving the problem. Apparently, temporary disconnection and then reconnection to the Vodafone network solves lots of glitchy problems and I did.

I actually heard my phone ring for the first time today and it reminded me of hearing the cry of my first born. 

All is now well with the world!

Thank you Jamie.