Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling

Keith_Lincs
1: Seeker

I have got wifi calling enabled on my Vodafone account. But when I go into my iPhone 6S settings, and try to enable it there, it keeps telling me to contact Vodafone UK..

I am also trying to enable 4G on oice an dData as it is currently set to Data only.  When I try to change it, all i get is another message saying CAnnot activate 4G calls, contact Vodafone UK!

I have contacted Vodafone UK three times via chat and all they say everything is enabled on my account. Why doesnt it let me activiate it on my iphone?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@Keith_Lincs 

Regards Calling over Wifi...

From Wi-Fi-Calling.

Setting up Wi-Fi Calling is easy if you’re eligible. 

Please ensure Wi-Fi Calling is enabled in your My Vodafone app or in your My Vodafone account.

In My Vodafone

Go to Services and extras > Calling options > Switch Wi-Fi Calling On     

In the My Vodafone App

Go to My Products and Services > Manage Bars and Extras > Calling Options > Switch Wi-Fi Calling On. "

This further link to device guides may also help  > Apple/iphone-6s-ios-9-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-wi-fi-calling-on-or-off.

In regards to 4G Calling...

You'd need to be in an area that supports it which you can check via the Vodafone status-checker.

Who-can-get-4G-Calling.

How-do-I-activate-4G-Calling.

My apologies for all the links but they can answer better than me filling your post with excerpts.

Your local Vodafone Highstreet Store might also be able to help further if needed. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Keith_Lincs 

When you set up WiFi calling you need to be connected to the network and mobile internet on your phone, try turning off your WiFi when you enable WiFi calling through the network on your phone.

From what you have written you may not have the correct internet settings in your phone, try synchronising to your itunes account to download the correct carrier settings or by following the links below.

What should I do if I have no or slow data connection?

Getting Started