Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

adding esim on iphone 13 hung in "activating"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just purchased a 30 day data only esim for my trip and I'm trying to install it.  my phone is stuck on the cellular/mobile page showing "activating".   I am on Verizon in the US.

How do I activate this card to when I get to Portugal/Spain, it works???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted in the UK forum because it is...I didn't realize that vodaphone had different communities in different countries.  How silly.  In any case, the esim I purchased said to activate it first and then turn it on when i arrived on my visit.  I was unable to activate it....because I am in the US.  Vodaphone failed to mention that little detail.  Apparently I need to be in a vodaphone area to activate the esim.  

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Not sure the reason your are asking Vodafone UK this question when you are on Verizon in the US @Anonymous . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted in the UK forum because it is...I didn't realize that vodaphone had different communities in different countries.  How silly.  In any case, the esim I purchased said to activate it first and then turn it on when i arrived on my visit.  I was unable to activate it....because I am in the US.  Vodaphone failed to mention that little detail.  Apparently I need to be in a vodaphone area to activate the esim.  

JaylaCarson
4: Newbie

If your eSIM isn’t working on your iPhone, it can definitely be a bit frustrating, but don’t worry — there are a few things you can try that might help. The first thing that’s always worth doing is restarting your iPhone. It’s such a simple step, but you’d be surprised how often it can fix little hiccups like this. Just power off the phone, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Sometimes, the phone just needs a fresh start to recognize the eSIM properly.

Next, make sure that your iPhone is actually compatible with eSIM, although most of the recent models should be. Also, check that your carrier supports eSIM. Not all carriers do, and even if they do, the process for activating the eSIM might vary. You can always double-check with your carrier’s customer support to confirm whether you’ve done the activation process correctly or if there are any specific steps that you might have missed. Sometimes, they might need to push a new eSIM configuration to your phone.

Speaking of that, if you’ve just recently set up your eSIM, it’s possible that the activation process didn’t go through correctly. You might want to try re-adding it. You can do that by going into Settings, then to Cellular or Mobile Data, and checking if your eSIM plan is listed there. If it’s not, you can try adding it again by scanning the QR code your carrier provided or entering the details manually.

Another thing to check is if you’re connected to the internet, as sometimes the activation needs to be done over a network. If you’re in an area with no Wi-Fi or mobile data, the eSIM might not activate properly. Make sure you’ve got a good connection, and then try re-activating it.

If you have problem persist after trying these solution, you can follow for more details instruction below.

https://thegeekpage.com/esim-not-working-in-iphone-how-to-fix/