Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 12 Pro Max Battery Drain

maxwilkes
4: Newbie

I just can’t put my finger on this but is anyone else suffering from severe battery drain? My iPhone 11 Pro Max drained 2% last night while my 12 Pro max drained 15%.

yesterday I got less than 5 hours of screen on time before my 12 Pro Max ran out of battery. Whereas my 11 Pro Max already has close to 3 hours screen on time and still over 75% battery remaining! I just don’t get it.

I’ve factory reset and setup as new (so not from a backup) and still the same error. Am also running the latest iOS (14.2.1).

Battery capacity says it’s at 100%. Apple claim my battery is perfectly healthy. That’s not healthy! I’ve checked the battery section of settings to see if it’s a rogue app or process and it’s not. Battery usage shows as NIL overnight yet it still lost 15%. Not even on 5G, all it does overnight it stay on WiFi and fetch background updates such as email, social media etc. Same as the 11 Pro Max yet that loses 2% while the 12 Pro Max loses 15%. Please advise?

23 REPLIES 23

IMG_0006.PNG

IMG_0006.PNG

I thought to share what fixed my issue . I eventually got rid of the issue by turning on low power mode settings.

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by disabling the location services on the  iPhone.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove link to 3rd party site, please see Community Guidelines]