Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 16 Pro Max Delivery Delays?

Benw18
5: Helper

Anyone else pre-order the iPhone 16 Pro Max? I ordered at 13:05 last Friday (13/10/24) - just been online to check the tracking and showing as 1-2 weeks! 

I’m hopeful this is a temporary ‘glitch’ and this will update during the day today… Interested to see if anyone else who ordered around the same sort of time/date is also seeing this delivery pushback displayed on order tracking? For reference, I pre-ordered iPhone 16 Pro Max Black 256gb.

16 REPLIES 16

Jezzsy
2: Seeker

Yes I pre-ordered on the 14th, and my confirmation email shows my delivery date being the 20th of September, but after tracking on the website it also shows 1-2 weeks… Im also hoping its just a visual mistake and not reality😂

What sort of time did you place the order, and what model/colour/size?

I placed it around 1pm ish, got the 16 Pro Max, Natural Titanium so like the silverish colour.

Was thinking about it, if that estimated delivery date on the website is set from the day you pre order, I guess the 1-2 weeks makes sense as it could have taken the date from the pre-order until the phone is released which is about 7 days - That is assuming that estimated delivery date shown does not get updated.

Or maybe that’s too optimistic?

It’s a good theory - hopefully correct. 

When I checked the tracking at the start of the week it said delivery 20th between 8am-6pm - clearly it’s updated since then! 

Would be helpful if other people who pre-ordered could check/comment too 🙂

Good News - Just checked my email and found a very pleasing email that my "New device plan is here".
Checked my Vodaphone app and the bill has updated to the bill for the new phone - then checked the tracking number and it has been "Dispatched" thankfully.

Hoping the same for you brother

Yes! Had the usual bombardment of texts and emails - all looks to be good for delivery tomorrow 👍 DPD tracking isn’t working for me at the moment, but I recall you get a message/email later in the day from DPD. 

Hopefully everyone who pre-ordered receives their device tomorrow 🤞

nad_as_a_hatter

I’m having this issue. I’ve been onto Vodafone live chat and Facebook messenger and they’re telling me different things. One minute they said it will be out for delivery tomorrow, then they’re saying it won’t. I had a text on Monday saying it’s delayed but still in the preorder queue. Date changed to the 23rd and now it says estimated 1-2 weeks. No updates from DPD. I’m so confused 😂

Vodafone have never been overly reliable for providing accurate information… I don’t believe a single thing I am told until I get the text messages/emails etc (as described above).
Dispatch of the devices is out-sourced to a third party - at the point someone physically puts your allocated device into a shipping box (plastic bag nowadays) an automated process begins and starts the notifications/updates/plan & device changes etc etc. This is why you get a different story from everyone you speak to at Vodafone - the reality is they genuinely don’t know the answer!
What I will say, the queue/pre-order deliveries appear to be in order (in the sense of who orders first, gets the first deliveries) - which is a positive for those who order early to try and avoid ‘disappointment’. 
Unless things have  changed since I spent time consulting in the logistics industry, Vodafone (and all other carriers) will have ordered ‘X’ amount of each device variant - for example they may have ordered 50’000 units of iPhone 16 Pro Max Black 256gb (probably more for what they forecast to be the most in demand variant), but Apple may only be able to supply 20’000 units for launch - as the days/weeks go on the supply chain will become less ‘stressed’ and more stock becomes available. This is where the 1-2 week, 3-4 week 4+ week predictions come from for delivery. Sadly there is little transparency from the companies as they want to ‘lock’ the customer into a new contract - if you decide to cancel your order and go somewhere else, the wait time will likely be the same, or longer… You can guess who likely wins (it’s not you!). 
Obviously, as the hype dies down from a new product launch (especially Apple products), stock is available for next day delivery in most cases - come January you can almost guarantee you’d get 90% of the models delivered next day. 
If you’ve already had the dreaded ‘delayed email’ I wouldn’t expect delivery tomorrrow sadly 😞  Saying that, stranger things have happened - fingers crossed for you! 

Yeah I’m not holding out much hope for delivery tomorrow if I’m being honest! I was quite late in the day on Friday preordering it! I was towing and frowing on whether to upgrade so I’ve probably missed my slot! They’ve already added the upfront cost to my bill for this month 🤷🏻‍♂️
I guess I’ll just wait and see what happens 😂