Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone annual upgrade promise

Dmc2020
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Well I upgraded my iPhone 11 Pro Max in December 2019 to a 12 pro max. Have been chasing since then to return my old phone. After 5 hours on the phone and lots of false promises a bag would be delivered it still hasn’t been received. 

So now I have a £500 early upgrade fee on my account that they now refuse to remove despite now confirming that they have not sent the bags and it’s their fault. 

Been told constant lies and also rude staff and even the complaints team shouted at me and also told me they would arrange a dpd pick up but apparently according to the social media team this was a lie as well. Oh and apparently shouting at a customer is allowed. 

Been a customer for over 15 years and have a number of lines but that means nothing. 

So doubt cancel the fee until I return the phone which I’ve been trying to do. Get your act together Vodafone 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You have been trying to return a phone since “ December 2019 ” That's incredible @Dmc2020 

I think I would have considered taking the phone to a store if one was local to see if they could help !

Customer services and customer support is paramount for any business so shouting at a customer shouldn't happen and on the flip side customers also shouldn't shout at agents too. I'm not saying you have.

Have the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook been able to help at all in this  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I would have went to a store but they have all been closed.

I wasn’t rude to the staff member he just didn’t like that I asked for it to be escalated. 
The  social media team say they can’t remove the charge despite admitting its Vodafone’s fault. 
I’ve been told stuff on calls and then told by the social media team said that information was incorrect. 
It never ends 

BandOfBrothers

Maybe time to raise a complaint to escalate this yourself then @Dmc2020 

complaints procedure. 

Vodafone then have 8 weeks to resolve this and if that fails to happen you can then ask for a deadlock letter and ask the Communications Omsbudsman to arbitrate on your behalf.

Current Phone  >

63johnw

Hi I think @Dmc2020  meant December 2020 @BandOfBrothers  as the iPhone 12 wasn’t released in 2019. 

BandOfBrothers

I do too @63johnw  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >