cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

*#100# error message and other error (Same kind of thing)

ponytrice2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hey folks,

I spoke to one of the tech team on chat earlier and I've followed his advice to which he said would fix problem but it still exists. Here it is (hope it's enough information for help):

I am using the Google Pixel 5 on PAYM

Sim is in and have been with Vodafone for a few years now.

I type in the dialler *#100# but it says "Connection problem or invalid MMI code". Secondly, as I believe it is linked, I go to settings, "About Phone", it shows carrier as Vodafone so all good but it says "Number: Unknown" and is grayed out. The guy on the chat said to do a factory reset of phone and it will sort it all out. But, it still carries the same error and Unknown bit in settings. I can make/receive calls and texts and access mobile data but I find it odd that these two things are not working. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Anthony

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When you joined Vodafone did they assign you a temporary mobile number while you had your own number ported from another network to Vodafone via a Pac etc  ?

If so then your phone is for some reason possibly still reading the temporary number assigned to the sim card @ponytrice2 

One possible resolution is to have a Vodafone Highstreet Store sim swap your mobile number from your current sim to a new blank sim card.

This way a number has never been previously associated with that sim card. 

Take identification. 

Or have customer services send you a Blank Sim Card and you perform the sim swap yourself using the relevant sim swap page found on the Vodafone Support Page's here > sim swap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BandOfBrothers,

Thank you for a very quick reply.

I started with this number when I joined Vodafone so it was brand new to me. I can possibly pop in to my store tomorrow, with a cop of this possible solution,  and see if they will do the transfer to a new sim and see if that fixes the problem.

Fingers crossed this will do the trick. I shall update here tomorrow once all is done.

AnnS

Hi @ponytrice2 

If you are able to use the phone for calls, text and data, you don't have anything to be concerned about. 

If you are logged into your Google account under contacts you will have you name, you can edit this to include your phone number and any other emergency information you feel you would like to add.  You mention going into your settings, about phone, for some reason it is normal not to show the phone number.

I would try rebooting the phone or doing a factory reset as advised this should sort out the problem of the invalid MMI code. 

I would also try your SIM in an alternative phone and type in the MMI code and see it it still give the same error, it may just be the Pixel where there is the issue.  Also, check your Google account and make sure the correct phone you are using is shown and delete any old devices from the account.

Your online account and Application should also show the number you are using.

Hi AnnS,

I shall try the extra steps you have mentioned also. I have done the factory reset as advised by Tech but that didn't work. Thank you for your reply and advice. I shall update here once done.

Anthony

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @ponytrice2  👍 

Please do let us know how you get on.

If this was my phone I would also want my number to show in the phone also.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.