Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bluetooth beep

raymartin52
13: Advanced Member

Is there any way to disable the beep on my Samsung A20E when my Galaxy smart watch reconnects to its Bluetooth? If I go into another room then back into the living room it beeps three times and it's starting to wind me up...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I looked at this further and I can see that's what it says.   However, I'd give it a go in the Samsung Wearable app as turning off disconnection alerts may also turn off connection notifications as well.

I can see why they would do it as it can be a useful security precaution to know that something has connected to your phone.

Final thought: if you connect another Bluetooth device, do you get notifications for this as well?  If you do, it's a system thing.  If not, then it's watch-specific.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

hrym

Different beeps manifest in different ways across manufacturers.   I once had a Sony phone that beeped everytime it detected a wifi network, which was infuriating when moving around.   I Googled the issue, but there didn't seem to be any way of stopping it.

It's worth looking at the full app list (in some cases, you need to turn on "all apps") to see whether there's a BT app and if you can turn off notifications or (better) assign a silent tone to them.  That wasn't an option for my Sony issue, though.

Edited to add: found this on the US Samsung forum:

"The setting is not in the app, it's in the watch.
Settings=>Connections=>Alerts (Get bluetooth disconnection alerts)
Just switch it off."

And this on Androidcentral:

"when you see the notification in your notification shade partially slide it over and you'll see a gear icon tap that gear icon and it will give you the option to turn sound off. it worked on my watch."

raymartin52

Unfortunately the option to switch off alerts isn't present on my Bluetooth app. Also, the Samsung post you refer to is about disconnection alerts on the watch (which I have already disabled) but my query is about reconnection alerts on the phone. I can't find any way to switch it off.

hrym

I looked at this further and I can see that's what it says.   However, I'd give it a go in the Samsung Wearable app as turning off disconnection alerts may also turn off connection notifications as well.

I can see why they would do it as it can be a useful security precaution to know that something has connected to your phone.

Final thought: if you connect another Bluetooth device, do you get notifications for this as well?  If you do, it's a system thing.  If not, then it's watch-specific.

raymartin52

You were right, it is watch-specific and turning off disconnection alerts on the watch turned off connection alerts on the phone...go figure!