Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Call waiting/call forward/diverting/MMI codes

tcdazrach
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I have been having alot of issues with my phone when trying to extend ring length time before going to voicemail, and also trying to access call divert options. Error message Is alway "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

I have tried everything, I rang 191 but when I say it's a technical issue the call is ended with response access support online. I go to the online chat and I keep getting the message saying all agents are busy.

I have had enough, please can someone help 

Many thanks in advance 

10 REPLIES 10

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @tcdazrach I'm sure we can assist with this. Do you have a Pay Monthly contract with us?

Can you confirm the make and model of your phone please?

Hi Evie

I am a pay monthly contract and my phone is the Sony Xperia 10

Hope you can help 🤞

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you @tcdazrach I've attached a YouTube video for steps on how to adjust your phones ring time 📞

Then to divert your calls, just head to your phone app > tap the three dots in the top right hand corner > settings > calls > call forwarding > forwards when unanswered > key in +447836121121 and tap 'turn on'.

I tried everything you advised, it doesn't work, I can't even get to call forwarding, I try too and they are all shaded out with message, MMI code and connection not working. 

I can't do either of the things you advised, they were the things I tried before I came to ask community. I reset my phone back to factory settings as calls were ringing once then going off. I am due a new phone soon, maybe it's the phone itself, or it maybe because I am using a different call app than the standard phone app.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for trying that @tcdazrach - After going a bit of Googling, I've found a suggestion to make sure your network settings are correct, so do this go to Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Select another network for a few minutes > Then back onto Vodafone UK > Restart device.

It may be due to the third-party call app, which app is it that you're using?

Hi Evie

Sorry about only just getting back to you I have had some major personal issues to deal with. I am going to try your advice about changing networks for a few minutes, then going back to Vodafone, then restarting phone. 

The other phone app I was using was Drupe. Things worked fine but all of a sudden all MMI codes are invalid and I can't even divert calls to voicemail on normal Android phone app. I don't think it is Drupe as it's never happened the whole time I have been using it. Still having the problems now though, so if it means uninstalling Drupe, I can do that and see if that works, but it hasn't done when I uninstalled it before.

Will get back to you once I have tried step one about changing network then restarting first though.

Hope you can still help me

Tracy 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's okay @tcdazrach I hope everything is alright!

Thank you for confirming that - Give the above steps a go and let me know how you get on

Hi Evie

I tried the changing network and then restarting phone. Everything is the same.

I removed Drupe and restarted phone, same again, it didn't work. 

Still keep getting the MMI Code error or Network error. I am due a new phone soon, I want to stay with Vodafone but if I can't sort this issue out it maybe that the network itself is the problem.

In 6 wks I can do an early upgrade, so I may will be doing that, and hoping that I stay with Vodafone, and don't change to other networks who will pay the remaining time left on my contact to get me to move to them. 

Is there anything else that I can do to fix this issue??

Tracy 

Have you tried locking your phone to 3G and running the code?