Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cellular Network Unavailable

mgevans306
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have bought a new handset from Vodafone Alcatel 1, my SIM from my old  Vodafone phone wouldn't work with it, since then Vodafone have sent me 3 SIMs and I still cannot make calls/use messages.  I keep getting the error message Cellular Network unavailable. I have had numerous live chats and a tech call but I still cannot use my phone.  Tonight's live chat said the SIM is active and registered with my details and they don't know why I cannot make calls !! Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @mgevans306 

Vodafone recommend trying the SIM in an alternative phone, this will confirm if it is a SIM or phone fault. 

If the SIM is inserted correctly see here: Device Guides - Alcatel 1 and you are still unable to make calls and send texts, I would put this down to a fault with the phone SIM reader and you need to make a return and get the phone exchanged here: Returns you need to be quick, you have 14 days from the time you received the phone to return the phone as a faulty product.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mgevans306 How odd! I'd definitely recommend following @AnnS advise here, and have a look through the device guide. If you can't find the answers there, I'd recommend giving our Returns team a call on 191, or popping a message over to our Social media team here. They'll be able to run through some further troubleshooting steps with you. 

Hello Thank you for both for your advice. I had another Tech call this morning and was advised to visit a store which I did. The person in the store was very helpful and found that my brand-new handset was barred, so that is why I couldn't use it. So he swapped it for exactly the same model and all fine now.  I just wish that someone else that I had spoken to had told me this as I was without a phone for 3 weeks. Thank you for your help.