Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Clear Cache Partition.

Telboy62
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

This may have been covered but i'm posting to help others to not go through what i have the last few weeks. Entering recovery mode to clear cache partition etc, cannot now be done using the On/Off key and power buttons alone as before. I spent weeks of frustration and about an hour on live chat with a tech team member last week who eventually told me phone was faulty and had to be sent away. NONSENSE. I have discovered from another source that all you have to do is plug in the headphones. Problem solved. Hope this helps others.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Telboy62 

Yes it's something I've been helping people with on the Samsung forum.

Glad you found the answer.

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Apparently it was a recent software update that changed things. It would be nice if they would make it public when they do this stuff. I almost went as far as sending my phone away when there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

BandOfBrothers

Yes it caught a few owners off guard who know about clearing the phone's system files cache @Telboy62 

That said not many know it's a known troubleshooting tip to help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.