Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Downloading PDF Bill using My Vodafone

TWF
2: Seeker

When using the My Vodafone app and clicking ‘view your PDF bill’ on my Android 10 phone, it downloads the pdf, but when I try and open the file in Download Manager, I get the error in Adobe that ‘The document cannot be opened because it is corrupted or damaged’. I can download the PDF in Chrome or Edge, however, is this a known problem and is there a solution please?

25 REPLIES 25

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @TWF 

From.having a rummage round in 》/My-bill/Viewing-my-bill. 

" Why can’t I download a PDF of my bill with an Android phone?

The easiest way to view your bill as a PDF on an Android phone is by downloading the My Vodafone app.  

Alternatively, you can view it by opening My Vodafone using Google Chrome with a PDF reader. "

Sound to me like it doesn't want to play nice with your choice of software to open the PDF. It happens which is why alternative options are there which i see from your post they work.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Many thanks, Yes, I’ll use the alternatives until there is a fix.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome @TWF 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I haven't tried this month yet, but it's been my normal method in the past.  A few questions:

1. Is the file definitely coming up as a PDF?   If not, you may need to add the extension.
2. Can you open the file using your file manager app rather than download manager (or even a 3rd party file manager)?
3. Have you tried installing something like Adobe PDF reader?
4. If you email the file to yourself, can you download it an open it on a PC?

Thanks hrym:

1. Yes, definitely a pdf

2. I have the same problem whether I open it from the download manager notification or if I open it from the Files app.

3. I have Adobe Reader

4. I have just emailed it to myself and again cannot open it on a PC or any other device

hrym

I've just tried downloading a previous bill and it's coming up without a name and, even renamed, is unopenable.   I'll report this.

Thanks hrym. When I did download it to my PC, the file had a double extension, i.e. ‘.pdf.pdf’. So that extension is being added somewhere in the generation process and may be the problem.

Lambykins79

I suspect the problem is with Vodafone rather than your software. Until this month I havent had a problem downloading the itemised bill, same phone & software but now I get a message saying it is corrupted. File manager, internet search and PDF viewers will not open it. So I suspect that vodafone has a problem somewhere.

Okay, thanks. I'm sorry that you have the same issue, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.