Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Downloading PDF Bill using My Vodafone

TWF
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When using the My Vodafone app and clicking ‘view your PDF bill’ on my Android 10 phone, it downloads the pdf, but when I try and open the file in Download Manager, I get the error in Adobe that ‘The document cannot be opened because it is corrupted or damaged’. I can download the PDF in Chrome or Edge, however, is this a known problem and is there a solution please?

25 REPLIES 25

Thanks for your persistence, hrym

hrym
17: Community Champion

There was a backend system update last night, apparently.   The filename is now complete and correct, but pdf readers still report invalid format.   I'm still talking to the Social Media team, who have established that it seems to be an issue on Android devices - at least they're able to replicate the problem.

Is anyone else having a problem getting the app to connect over mobile data?   On my Moto G8 Plus, it's convinced it's not turned on, though it works for everything else.

Thanks for the update hrym. For me, the app seems to work using 4G, but there is an error (Error code 2404) reported at the moment when I try to look at a bill. So we're going backwards really!!

hrym

I'm hoping to test the mobile data connection from a different location later this week (just in case it's a weird mast issue).  I'm not sure when it started, but it's possible it was after my phone got the February Android security update.   I know I set the app up OK in November on mobile data, so it was working then.

Could you say what device you're using and what version of Android?   The issue is known and can be replicated, but the rest of us seem to be seeing a corrupted file rather than an error.   Also, are you attempting to access your bill via wifi or mobile data (if the latter, can you try via wifi)?   The error code you're seeing is one on from the one I'm getting (2403), which make me slightly suspicious.

Hi hrym. Of course it was me that started this thread and I was reporting the file corruption issue at that time. I'm using an Xperia 5 (J8210) and Android 10.  I just tried it again and I'm now not getting the 2404 error, either on 4G or Wifi, but I still have the pdf file corruption issue.

hrym

Yes, I remember, and that's what prompted me to try it for myself.  It does seem to be a known issue on Android devices, so we'll just have to wait for a fix.  Whether it was caused by an app update or the February Android security update, I'm not sure.

The issue with mobile data (error 2403) happens for me when I try to open the app.   Once I can get in, what's changed is that the filename is now complete and correct, but still corrupt.