cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Emailing large Videos from Galaxy J3 (2017)

Samdy
6: Helper
6: Helper

I can email videos up to 99mb - as I am asked to select 'Resize video' after which the email goes through ok.

However, if the video is over 100mb on the phone I have to select 'Trim video' (Resize not available?) It then says 'Done' and I click send. It starts sending the email and I receive the email on my computer, but it is always blank, after a 'Trim'.

Why don't I have the 'Resize; option on videos over 100mb?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for getting back Hrym.

I now feel a bit guilty as TRIM operation is very simple. When the video is displayed on the mobile, simply click Edit, where a slider is then displayed at the bottom of the screen. Move the left and right sliders to the required parameters and then email the video.

Agreed a little bit of the video is lost this way - perhaps beginning or end of video - just to bring the video below the 999MB threshold; but quite satisfactory for me.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

As this is a device-specific query, you might be better finding a Samsung forum to ask.   However, maximum attachment size is often determined by the email service, so you may have more luck using your direct - via its own app if there is one (eg Gmail).

Alternatively, you could upload to Google Drive and simply email a link for the recipient to download.

Thanks for getting back Hrym.

I now feel a bit guilty as TRIM operation is very simple. When the video is displayed on the mobile, simply click Edit, where a slider is then displayed at the bottom of the screen. Move the left and right sliders to the required parameters and then email the video.

Agreed a little bit of the video is lost this way - perhaps beginning or end of video - just to bring the video below the 999MB threshold; but quite satisfactory for me.

Just to confirm - the limit is 999MB (not 99MB on first post). Up to 999MB videos can be resized - above this Trim is required - on my phone at least.

Hi Hrym,

And thank you so much for the new Rank 5: Helper. Much appreciated.

Best wshes,

Samdy

hrym

I think that's the system rather than me, but you're welcome 😊