cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why does the My Vodafone app have admin permissions?

JT02
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Why does the My Vodafone app have admin permissions in android, and what changes if I allow this permission?

6 REPLIES 6

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm confused.  I've never seen any app ask for this, and mine only lists Call Log, Location and Phone.  (I've denied a few others)

I don't think the app ever actually asks for it, and it's usually off by default. I noticed it in the "admin Apps" section of android's settings and I'm curious as to why the app has this and what this does...

By the way, I'm using a Galaxy A12 on Android 12.

hrym

Ah.   I've just looked in that section of my A10 Moto G8.   The slider for My Vodafone is set to off (not by me, so it must be a default).   The only one that's on is Find My Device and I assume that's so that it can remote wipe etc.

I suspect you can turn Admin off without loss of functionality.

Edited to add: my phone was bought SIM-free, so I nstalled the app myself.  If yours is Vodafone-branded, it may be a system app and that may explain the situation.   It's possible the app is allowed to do things to the system, but whether it absolutely needs to, I don't know.

Ok I thought so, I usually keep it off anyway, I was just wondering what difference woud it make if you turned this on?

hrym

The app would be able to make changes to the phone settings, etc, just as you do.   I'm not aware of anything current, so this is possibly just something that's there for future functionality (I'm not sure what, tbh).

OK, thanks for your help.