Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Emails not loading

aqeeluk
4: Newbie

My emails have stopped loading up on my Huawei. I can see emails coming into the inbox but if go into an email nothing appears and the alert for new emails have slowed down too.

Any ideas ? I connected the email to my Hotmail.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When that happens on my Note 10+ it's typically a glitch between server and app for a multitude of reasons such as backlog and signal.

Usually deleting the account for that email from the phone and re add it works for me @aqeeluk 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the answer. So for hotmail, is it worth setting up on Exchange, or Hotmail or "Other" option do you think ? I was using Exchange previously. Also would these enable email alerts ? 

BandOfBrothers

I use the Samsung email app, Gmail and Hotmail.

They all sync to my in boxes ok @aqeeluk 

Issues like yours are usually connected to the server and typically self resolve.

🌈Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @aqeeluk 

Going into your email settings deleting and setting up the mailbox again can sometimes solve issues like you are having.

As you are using Android and would have a gmail account set up on your phone, I would recommend synchronising your Hotmail email to gmail.  This is done by going into the account settings on your phone and selecting personal, IMAP > accounts and syn settings, account settings and add your Hotmail account to synchronise to gmail.

This way all your email messages will be in the one place and when you receive an email from your Hotmail address it will be picked up by gmail and forwarded to your phone, you can also rely direct from gmail. Gmail  works well with Outlook and is also set up as IMAP.

Hi @Anns

Thats all good and well but I dont use gmail at all so if i did synchronise hotmail to Gmail then I would be getting alerts for emails on Gmail, is there a way to prevent the my mail coming that are for Gmail ? Im only interested in Hotmail.

AnnS

Fair enough @aqeeluk .  Also Google no longer support Huawei.

BandOfBrothers

@aqeeluk 

There are some hits via a Google Search on this issue. Apologies if you've already done this.

The email app does not work as it should. 

Current Phone  >

I have chosen the "manual" option to add my hotmail email and its working fine but the junk folder is missing? Any ideas on how to add it in as I sometimes get mail send through junk

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @aqeeluk, this should hopefully just be that you need to change how you view your inbox/folders within the email app you use itself. Let us know how you get on 😊