Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Tab S5e update to UI 3.1

prodigualson
4: Newbie

Hi,

A few days ago, I got a firmware update notification on my Galaxy S5e tablet for the UI 3.1 (I bought my tablet through Vodafone). 

After the update, I got only problems:
1. Simcard not recognised anymore (tablet thinks there is no simcard)
2. Error message when trying to check for firmware updates 
3. Battery goes to 0% in less than a day, before the update I had almost a week of battery before I needed to charge it!

- Tried to remove simcard and insert it again, didn't fix the simcard issue (Ordered a new sim but I doubt it will change anything). 
- I reset the tablet, didn't fix the battery issue nor the update error message. 
- Went into recovery mode and deleted cache

Anyone else who owns THIS tablet and got this UI 3.1 update with issues as well? 
Thnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @prodigualson, I've taken a look at Samsung's forum and can see this does appear to be a current issue that can be resolved with a factory reset. This should also improve your experience when using apps and you may notice an improvement with your battery after doing this. 

Before completing a factory reset, please ensure you complete a back up of your tablet so you can hold onto any files. 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @prodigualson, I've taken a look at Samsung's forum and can see this does appear to be a current issue that can be resolved with a factory reset. This should also improve your experience when using apps and you may notice an improvement with your battery after doing this. 

Before completing a factory reset, please ensure you complete a back up of your tablet so you can hold onto any files. 

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You're welcome @prodigualson - keep us updated with how you get on!

yeah it works now. Google is reinstalling everything. 
Thanks

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Glad to hear it @prodigualson! Thanks so much for letting me know that's done the trick 😀