cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I recover my deleted photos from Android phone?

Junnilly
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, I need help! I just factory reset my Android phone by accident and all photos on my phone were gone, I need to recover them, how can I recover lost photos from Android phone due to factory reset? 

42 REPLIES 42

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Always sad to hear about people losing valuable data, especially when there's no need for it. All OSs have multiple ways of backing up photos but they all need a little human intervention. Also they usually need a Wi Fi connection and possibly need the phone to be connected to a power source to backup properly.

The most insecure place in the world to store important data is a mobile phone - they can break, get wet and stop working, be lost or stolen or, as in this case, be accidentally wiped.

I would think that these photos are in data heaven.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

There are indeed various data recovery programs and some of them offer a limited-facility try before you buy option.   Before installing anything, make sure it comes from a reputable source.   Also, don't load anything onto the device in question as it may over-write the very data you're trying to recover.

With help of Android Recovery Recovery tool. You can retrieve deleted photos for different reasons: restoring factory settings, deleting, rooting, etc.It support multiple Android phone brands.

hrym

Be very wary of any off-site links in posts, and of installing anything outside Google Play.  These may be legitimate program,s or they may be malware.   And I'll repeat my advice not to install anything on the device you're trying to recover to.

You can use software on ReneAndroid.

Media files like photos and videos are usually stored on SD card inserted in your Android phone. If you want to recover deleted photos from Android phone, it is possible to get them back with third-party software, because you only deleted the photos' stored place address.

hrym

It's certainly easier if you have an SD card as you can remove it to stop further writes.   This is important as the space used by the deleted items will be marked as free and may be reused in whole or part subsequently.    You can install recovery software on a pc and then put the card in a reader and work from there.

If the files are in internal memory, it's more difficult as normal use will be over-writing all the time.   Ideally, turn the device off and don't use it until you're ready to start the recovery.  It's essential to do this on a pc with the device connected as external storage so that as little as possible gets written to the memory.

Better still, sync your photos with a cloud service such as Dropbox or Google Drive so that you always have backups.  SD cards are convenient, but are more likely to fail than internal memory, so there's a trade-off to the convenience and extra space the offer.

Simply you can download icare data recovery app and install on your pc.

Now connect your phone to pc and search for lost files and folders using icare data recovery app.

Second option is that you can download link2sd plus app for android and search for your lost files on android device.

63johnw
Hi, as explained if you have no back up then they are lost, there is no way to recover them.

63johnw
The only hope the OP has is if they unwittingly backed the photos up, they should look (if they haven't already) at Google photos/Picasa and any other similar apps they had on their phone.

Doesn't help much now but it does show the need to keep multiple backups of your important data.