cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to download My Vodafone app on a new Huawei phone?

HerbDjinn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there

New Vodafone customer and new Huawei P40 Lite in my pocket but because of the feud between President Trump and China, my handset does not have access to the Google App Store. Would you it possible for the tech team @ Vodafone to put a link out there to download the *.apk file?

Thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chistery
16: Advanced member

As Vodafone are selling the P40 series, they should really be allowing their own app to be downloaded from somewhere.

It does look like it's been uploaded to Aptoide though, so you can download it via there.

Let us know if it works ok without any Google APIs.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @HerbDjinn 

I appreciate the conundrum your facing.

Unfortunately I can't see Vodafone sending out such a file on an individual basis.

Does that phone not have its own app store ?

Check out the recommendations in Huawei-P40-Pro-on-Vodafone-thoughts. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@Bandofbrothers thanks for the reply. Yes there's an app store but My Vodafone is not on there. Just hoping that because this is a US problem and we're in the UK, it should be possible to establish a secondary channel.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @HerbDjinn 

:Smiling:

It's a shame that this awesome phone and others in the series has been affected by this silliness all because of what's happening that's out of our control.

Hopefully soon this will change.

Until then you and others will have to use the online myvodafone.

On a side note I wouldn't suggest trying to sideload apps via Apk's as this can bring issues too.

Fingers crossed for you.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Yes @HerbDjinn 

Google wouldn't be prohibited from working with Huawei without a valid reason and real concern.

It's unlikely this will change in the future and you will need to use Huawei's own applications.

chistery

As Vodafone are selling the P40 series, they should really be allowing their own app to be downloaded from somewhere.

It does look like it's been uploaded to Aptoide though, so you can download it via there.

Let us know if it works ok without any Google APIs.

@Chistery I think so too 😉 Thanks for the tip on Aptoide. I will definitely check and feedback on that.

BandOfBrothers

Please do @HerbDjinn 

Just be careful what your downloading from such sites and be wary of wanted permissions.

Current Phone  >

@Chistery Found the app (v10.5 so current) and it runs smoothly. Thank you very much for this. 

chistery

Good to hear it works. 😀 I am going to be very tempted to get the P40 Pro+ when it comes out.

It's always good to check what you're installing, but P40 Series owners are going to be more aware of this than most.  I am hoping that the US can sort out their issues with Huawei if things change in November!