Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

One plus 8 pro

DANIELTHESAINT7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I live in London in 5G area but my phone does not pick up 5G I have settings on 5G connection and I have checked my account is 5G so is there a problem with the phones working on Vodafone? Phone is unlocked 

9 REPLIES 9

hrym
17: Community Champion

Have you checked coverage and potential issues where you are?

BandOfBrothers

5G is very much in it's  infancy @DANIELTHESAINT7 and as such a person needs to be be very near a 5G module.

To add 5G allows faster downloads of files but does not provide a faster surfing experience.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

chistery
16: Advanced member

You should be able to get 5G on the OnePlus 8 Pro.

I was told by the social media team that 5G is in my area. It's not, I also looked on cellmapper.

What does the coverage map say for your postcode?

Also, if you've not got VoLTE and VoWifi working, it's an easy fix. See here.

Yep checked postcode very good 5G and also have the WiFi calling and stuff 

As long as it says preferred network type is 5G it should be fine.

My postcode says good 5G outdoors, but there's nothing round here. Depending on who I talk to in Vodafone, some say it's here, some say it's not and coming soon.

The phone will definatly work on Vodafone 5G i have seen people with it working, the only network I know with an issue is O2 where they have not provisioned it so no 5G option appears yet in the settings.

Maybe check with CS that 5G is activated on your account as it is normally a tick box that needs enabling, if that wonr work maybe they need to disconnect and reconnet the line.

I had an issue in London where no 5G showing anywhere, spoke to tech support who did that to my line and then all of a sudden it started working.

I can't seem to get 5G in my part of London, the social media team says it should work here, I can't quite understand the coverage map and it does say 5G on my account in My Vodafone. Maybe I should try calling CS just in case though.

Andy

Hi @DANIELTHESAINT7 is it possible you can get in touch with our social teams where we can carry out a few more checks to make sure everything is enabled as it should be this end. You can find out how to get in touch here. 

chistery

My OnePlus 8 Pro showed 5G under preferred network type, so I had no reason to think it wouldn't work when the second SIM slot is disabled.

O2 on the other hand is denied by carrier policy and only shows 4G.