cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to find Gmail email settings on Samsung J3 2017?

Samdy
6: Helper
6: Helper

I have gmail email set up on the mobile ok and working fine for sending and receiving.

I tried to set up Gmail email on my PC but can't get it to configure ok, so I tried to see what the settings were on the J3, but can't find how to see the settings on the mobile - assuming that the settings will be the same for both mobile and PC. Using Outlook Express client email on the pc with Windows 7pro.

Help please, thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Samdy 

You need to go to settings, accounts and add your Gmail address there. When this has been done you will have access to your Gmail.

Thanks for the reply AnnS,

The gmail account is already setup and working on the mobile.

So I clicked Settings>clicked Coud and Accounts>clicked Accounts>clicked on my gmail address - and got: -

Sync account OR Remove Account - but nothing else; so how can I see the settings of the account with regard to: -

Pop3 settings - outgoing smtp setting and pop3 incoming setting and all that info?

I need this info to replicate it on my PC, so that I can use the gmail account on my PC as well.

AnnS

You can certainly access GMail on the PC @Samdy , the easiest way is using Google Chrome as your browser.

To synchronise to your phone, manage accounts, auto synchronise data should be checked.

It is also possible to synchronise all your email accounts to GMail, by going into the phone account settings, add account > personal >  IMAP > next, and add the email address, this will keep all your email addresses in one place for easy access from your phone.

Outlook works well and should be set up as IMAP.

hrym

There's an added dimension to this.   Google are removing access via less secure apps at the end of May.   This means that anything which logs in only with your Google password will no longer work, so it's probably not worth setting up now.   You can access Gmail through a broswer.   Just sign into yout account and all the bits of Google will be there.

On top of that, Windows 7 has gone out of support and it would be a good idea to update your OS.   If the hardware doesn't support Windows 11, 10 is still available afaik.

You can also get a one-time installation licence for Office 2021 for about £35 and this will include a full version of Outlook which should support Gmail secure access.

Thank AnnS and hrym,

All food for thought and will look into it.

Thanks again, Samdy

2048tm
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Grenouille
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Try using Thunderbird on the PC.  I've never used it with Gmail personally but I find it works better than Outlook Express for my needs. [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove Advertising content please see Community Guidelines]