Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei p30 pro new edition

Redged
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi. Looking at upgrading phone to Huawei p30 pro new edition, does anyone know if vodafone supply the dual sim model. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

In the spec's from https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/phones/pay-monthly-contracts/huawei/p30-pro-new-edition#specificat... it just says "Nano Sim."

Nothing about Hybrid Dual Sim.

I think it's best you ask Live Chat  or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll officially clarify @Redged 

In the gsmarena slecs sheet from https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p30_pro_new_edition-10219.php it clearly says "Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)"

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

As the spec sheet in the Vodafone page says nano sim this could lead the phone to be single sim but as I say Vodafone can clarify.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. Chat line couldn’t give answer. I’ll check again.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Redged 

From what I've read my personal thoughts i.e my answer is that it could be the single sim variant.

Would you let us know what your told by Vodafone  ?

This is some thoughts on another model from huawei and the possible negatives about no google apps etc.

Please do have a look.

Huawei-P40-Pro-on-Vodafone-thoughts. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

D0n4t0
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Don't know if you still need to know but can confirm this is the dual SIM model,, also comes with pre applied screen protector but no case

Thanks for the reply. I actually went for p40 pro in the end and although it is only mentions a Nano sim it is actually dual sim.  Very early days, but loving it so far.

I'm thinking of exchanging to the p40 pro aswell, what's it like without google? Does it have a screen protector applied?

Thats good news its dual sim. Do you know, or anyone else even, does this have any Vodafone branding on the phones firmware (ie Vodafone logo when you turn it on, or Vodafone installed apps?)  Just trying to find out if it is generic firmware or Vodafone branded firmware installed. Thanks :Smiling:

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @fix777, it can depend on the phone you purchase with us. I, for example, bought an Samsung Galaxy S9 through Vodafone and I've not got any branded apps or logos on the device, however I'm aware that phones such as the Vodafone smartphones can come with branded software such as the MyVodafone app. 

The original p30 & pro had branding, but the p30 pro new edition has no branding what's so ever, so you will get updates quicker