Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming calls on my Samsung 10

Banksy66
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Why on Vodafone when someone calls me it comes up with +44 even though the number in my phone starts 07, this is causing my contacts not to show in my car when incoming calls are received, as the car does not recognise it.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Banksy66 

This may or may or may not help: Android Dial Assist 

With +44 being the UK country code, this seem to be general now with incoming calls even when store as 07.

Also, have a word with your car manufacturer, there may be a software version for the system to install when you next have the car serviced.

Already spoke with them, they say it is because of the incoming call numbers being +44, which means I would have to change all my numbers to start with +44, and don't really want to do that, it does seem to be Vodafone who do this for some reason

AnnS

Hi @Banksy66 

If you check the numbers on your Google account, they will all begin with +44, if you add a new number on your Google account, you have to scroll down to the country and it is impossible to leave out the +44.  If you have all your number stored in your Google account as +44, they should automatically synchronise to your phone as +44.

Saving the numbers as +44 also make it easier when roaming calling back to the UK.