Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Increasing the number of rings before voicemail kicks in

JDK1556
4: Newbie

I've been trying to increase the number of rings before my voicemail picks up to the maximum of 30 seconds.

I've tried the usual **61*121*11*30# numerous times, but it still remains at 15 seconds.  I've tried turning the mailbox function off and back on again. Still the same.  Tried vodafone web chat, they weren't able to help.  When i type *#61# it says it's set to 15 seconds.  I've tried turning my phone off and back on again, nothing seems to work.  Very frustrating.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jayne.

26 REPLIES 26

I've tried every combination in this thread but it stats resolutely stuck at 15 seconds - Vodafone, sort this out please! It's clearly a common problem.

I also have tried every combination on this thread on my S22 and can't change from 15 seconds. 

s50
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I can only increase Ringtime, by deleting the voicemail altogether.  This though means you phone rings continuously and does not go to Voicemail. 😤

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @s50, you can increase your phone ring time to a maximum of 30 seconds in increments of 5 seconds by following the instructions on our Voicemail support page. If you're still unable to do this after following the steps, let us know what error message you get and we'll be more than happy to help you further with this.

mike123456789
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

It doesn't help that Vodafones's website gives an inconsistent answer.

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Phones-devices/Voicemail/1464047832/How-do-I-change-the-length-of-tim...

initially says **61*121*10*........... but 4 lines later says **61*121*11*......

Good morning @mike123456789. Thanks for your patience while our team investigate the website. Just wanted to let you know that they've updated the website to show correctly. 

Thanks.

JaneyR

Hi @mike123456789 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I can absolutely see why that would cause confusion - I've raised it to the relevant team 👍