Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MOving number and reinstating as a new customer

Vaana
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've been with VF for many years and now looking for a new contract (mine has expired).  I would like to stay with VF and keep my number  but unfortunately, all the best deals are available through 3rd party providers. These deals are not available for existing VF customers.  I now have my PAC code.  Would I be able to use this to take my number to go on a rolling monthly contract with Giffgaff, then after a month, PAC my number from Gifffgaff over to a 3rd party VF deal.  I can't see that this part wouldn't be possible, but I'm concerned that VF would recognise my number when transferring it back from Giffgaff and prevent me from bringing it back to them (via the 3rd party site).

Hope my question in clear and I would appreciate any help.  Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

The third party agreement is an airtime contract with Vodafone. No reason being unable to port back in with the same number. 

Porting out on PAYG would be a lot quicker, if you are going to wait for 30 days you might  as well ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG this takes 30 days to complete and move the number to the new third party contract that way.

Check out the keep my number page from the website here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/my-vodafone-account/keep-my-number

Thank you.  That's very helpful.  How soon after my number has been put onto the Vodafone pay as you go would I be able to then move it across to a third party VF contract please 

Sorry for being so uninformed, but just thinking .....  why would VF allow me to port my number onto a VF PAYG, then onto a third pty VF deal, yet they wouldn't allow me to port my number straight onto a 3rd pty VF deal?

AnnS

The reason for this @Vaana is the previous contract needs to  be cancelled. Going the third party route is the cheaper option with a new number. Moving the number to PAYG you use the same number and its easy to transfer the number to the new third party contract. 

Brilliant.  I'll crack on with this now.  Thank you again

AnnS

With the 30 days notice requirement for contracts it takes 30 days to move the number.  You are then free to transfer the number to the new contract. 

It is necessary to contact Vodafone when making the request to transfer to PAYG, if you let the advisor know what you want to achieve you will get help. 

Thank you - I have posted 2 further questions below (one to myself by mistake lol), if you are able to help