Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

@billynoodle wrote:

Just stop paying your bill after your nex payment. Thats what I will be doing. I'm 9 months into my contract. If they can provide the service I'm happy to pay. If not I'm cancelling the direct debit. 

Yeah I'd love to do that but don't fancy the mark on my credit report or the hassle of debt collection letters. Trying to get this sorted is hard enough, let alone trying to figth them on just stopping paying a contract. I cannot see it working out well for you.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@perhamface wrote:

Yeah I'd love to do that but don't fancy the mark on my credit report or the hassle of debt collection letters. Trying to get this sorted is hard enough, let alone trying to figth them on just stopping paying a contract. I cannot see it working out well for you.

Stopping your direct debit is a very bad idea and that's exactly what would happen.   Yes, it would be worth asking (firmly) for compensation when this is fixed and you know how long it's taken to do so.

The issue will almost certainly be down to the manufacturer, but the network should have tested this before approving it, and normally would.   I wonder whether it's only affecting some devices and that's howit got missed?   That's not completely unknown.

Depends how much your willing to let Vodafone mess you around. No service no payment. Service resumed ....payment resumed. 

Just got off the phone from someone in CEO's office , he has told me unfortunately I am stuck in the middle and tried to blame Xiaomi for the update, then asked me to factory reset phone whilst not connected to internet , but reading reports this will only erase all data and not the OS .. I am now awaiting another call back from the same office by the 15th.. with a resolution.. 

Just had a similar reply from the ceo office and also just been asked by someone called evie on vodafone twitter page to install a previous miui update??? 

Yes the latest line from Vodafone is to download the old MiUi from Xiaomi. Unless people are tech savvy and have access to a laptop ....not exactly easy. You would think Vodafone would email customers a link. 

Yeah I definitely can't do that, I don't have a computer. Useful! 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

Thanks for your posting Natasha. Can you confirm that on your side the patch will not be verified by the same person who verified the software upgrade? 😃

Thanks also Natasha - what compensation is Vodafone proposing for the massive inconvenience we have all suffered?  And will continue to suffer until perhaps next week?