Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

miekaky3
2: Seeker

Hey guys,

Just wanted to mention that they seem to have fixed it now - I checked for updates and one came up, did it and my SIMs been detected!

Shocking service from Vodafone but at least my phone's working again. Now to bide my time until my contract ends and I can get away from them for good.

System update now has a update that's says fix SIM issue. I'll give it a whirl

Tried it. Wish I hadn't. It flashing back wards and forward in 'acirvaring SIM. What is going on I'll have to switch it off. It's no constantly trying to use xiamoi activation. My phone is now hot to touch 

Phone now off. I’ll have to wait for another update. The so called SIM problem fix. Hasn’t worked for me. Initially it did. But then a minute later xiaomi update service and sim update keeps flashing up.... and phone overheating. Still not service ‘emergency calls only’ 

I have received a replacement sim from Vodafone, I installed the update without a sim card in the slot, then rebooted. I then switched off the phone and put the new sim card back in the phone, then switched on. Vodafone automatically sent configuration messages which I installed then xiaomi sim activation worked, and I have a fully functioning phone..... I'm not sure if it's the new sim or the procedure that I followed, good luck guys! 

Well, 5 days gone and they've fixed one phone! That's great for stessederic, very pleased they have a working phone. 

At the rate of one every 5 days I might have a working phone in August!

Chocolate fire guard springs to mind....

Put my PAYG EE sim card I've had to go and buy for a spare handset and boom it works. Figure that one out!!

miekaky3

Weird, it seems to be all good for me now. Just made a call and everything.

If they've managed to make it so that only some are fixed, that's a feat in itself, though not a good one.

miekaky3

For those of you with issues still, I recommend resetting the APN manually - I just did it to confirm as it started doing the flickering thing. Best to do it yourself since Vodafone can't get anything right.

https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/xiaomi/mi-9-android-9-0/connectivity/set-up-your-phone-for-inter...

Here is a link that may help!