Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

It is 23.00 on the 16th. Where is the promised patch? At the moment I have a phone which is useless.

I was sent a new SIM which made no difference. In desperation I took the SIM out and put it back in multiple times. At 7pm I got a signal and thought all was OK and picked up my voicemail. I

Later  I had to reboot after another App crashed and I lost the signal and it won't come back.

Your phone should automatically get the update and fine you the option to upgrade.

Still no upgrade here even when I check for updates. I'm stuck on v11.0.1.0

Any one who's had the update, if you hold down 1 on your dialer to call your answerphone, is your answerphone then in Spanish? If I dial 121 it's fine, but if I hold 1, it's Spanish. 

Also, NFC was disabled. I had to manually enable it for Android Pay.

Definite drop in battery life too. Very noticeable. 

Hilarious- it's true. Voicemail in Spanish! Whatever will go wrong next??

Unbelievable 😂 this just gets better Vodafone you really are the gift that keeps on giving in our case not 

😂 this is crazy. Mines working but just checked yep all voicemail is in Spanish and just got a message from someone from Xiaomi wanting to push me an update to test. What do I do? Come on Vodafone... Advice? @natasha or anyone

Same for me, voicemail was actually calling Romaina. 

Just needs a settings tweak. 

Go into Settings, type Call in the search box at the top and select Call Settings then 

Settings>advanced settings>voicemail and change the number to 121

Now back to regular UK English VM. 

I too have the Romanian voicemail number. Luckily I never use voicemail.

My word , this has become almost like a comedy sketch by Vodafone. What a sham. I factory reset my mi9 phone to see if it was now sorted and guess what,  it didn't . Still doesn't work. Glad I bought a new phone and switched networks. The Asda network piggy backs EE and seems really good so far.