main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

SOLVED
View solved solution
Tash

Hi everyone, if you've tried all of the steps above (resetting APN settings and trying a factory reset) and neither have worked for you please do contact us on Social Media or through the other methods I've given.

We'll then be able to collate the details I've requested and raise this to our dedicated team to fix.
@tallen This shouldn't have been the case for you - I'll be replying to your last message to us shortly.

View more options
SG72
4: Newbie

Does doing a back up prior to a factory reset preserve any important business WhatsApp conversations I have ongoing?

I genuinely don't know, just asking...

View more options
John20000
3: Seeker

No , I have lost everything on WhatsApp , I had quotes for work which I haven't yet put on paper

View more options
Zak1963
2: Seeker

@Natasha

The most immediately useful information to share at this point is:

(i) Is a patch due out this weekend  (v.11.05?); and

(ii) Will this patch obviate the need to perform a factory reset?

Once we have the answer to these questions we can make informed choices about next steps.

Thank you!

View more options
Wxrthltl

@Natasha I posted a messge via FB messenger to the official Vodafone account just before 1pm as per your previous post but other than an automated "please confirm your details" I've had no reply.  

I have also raised a formal complaint (ref 9093205) requesting a replacement handset be delivered as my phone has no option to update beyond MIUI 11.0.1 so can't even access the latest patch (whether it works or not).

Really unhappy with this service.  A week of no phone and no positive action.

View more options
smithkv

Even though when you check for updates there is nothing visible you can select the top right dots and download latest patch.

I did that and it didn work initially until I went to SIM and mob networks> Acces Point Names> bad Bit reset down the bottom. After a few Secs. Vodafone settings messages came through. And stoped the Xiaomi SIM set up searching for the SIM. Been working for 6 hours now. Fingers crossed. 

View more options
johnd2311

Re WhatsApp conversations

These can all be backed up via settings on the app itself I backed up mine last night and successfully retrieved this morning maybe worth checking the back up options on there and make it a concurring daily back up ...

View more options
Rednose66

I've unfortunately had to do the factory reset and my phone is now restoring. It appears to be working as I now have signal. I would have felt better if the patch had been a our Xiaomi patch but it appears to be a repaired version of Sundays update?

View more options
Bob47
  • Bit the bullet and done full factory reset and restored my APN settings far from happy that it came to that fortunately all was backed up now got a functional phone of sorts would like to give big thumb's up to all on the forums for advice and help through this shambles if you ever in Glasgow I'd buy you all a pint ..........will still be contacting Vodafone for downtime lost .
View more options
Carlys101

Hi guys, got my replacement handset and stared it up. It started on miui 10 so was nervous to update after finally getting service. Updated to miui 11.0.6 qfamixm and incredibly have no issues now new phone is working. If you have problems I'd recommend what I did and email CEO and the level of service is completely different from the standard customer service. Thanks everyone for all help suggestions 

View more options
scar

Not getting the update coming through when check for updates and download latest package continuously saying Can't download update, Wait a minute or two and try again.

Any ideas of how I can get the update to come through?

View more options
Rednose66

Looks like my phone is now working although I have about 8 home screens of icons to organise again. One thing I do notice. I've always had the option to pay by with phone in my Barclays banking app. It never worked but on restoring the App that ability seems to be missing ebb though nfc is clearly available. Any ideas? Will see in a bit also if Android auto works properly as it never did before.

View more options
John20000

Just got off phone to CEO's office , told them the factory reset worked for me and phone is all working again , but unfortunately I have lost all photos and probably some work .. they said they don't know about any compensation as yet because they are in talks with Xiaomi ,but she thinks they won't pay any ,, as apple dont .. she gave me £25 credit on my account as a good will gesture .. I might have lost thousands in work .. doesn't seem right to me , but I accepted it because I don't think  I will be offered anything else..

View more options
Dodgy_C

I am having the same problem will the "patch" be sent to everyone or do I have to report the problem to receive it?

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been going on since Sunday night, I was told 12-24 hours and it's now 5 days. It is totally unacceptable at a time when phones are needed. 

View more options
Tash

@Wxrthltl I've responded to your latest message to us 👍

@Zak1963 The dedicated team are in talks with the manufacturer - while we've not received any confirmation of any further software patches, I'll let you know here if anything changes. In the meantime we're advising resetting APN settings (or a factory reset as a last resort) as these have helped a considerably large amount of people to reconnect to their services. If for any reason that doesn't work, we're asking those still affected to get in touch so that we can raise this to the team to help implement a fix.

@Dodgy_C @Anonymous  Have you tried resetting your APN settings from the steps posted earlier? If that or a factory reset doesn't resolve this for you, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter if you haven't already. We'll then be able to take your details securely and pass these along to our team. Please ensure you include your Community username and a link to your post - we'll then be able to track down your message if needed.

View more options
SG72

I pay on average close to £100 pm for two phones / tariffs on Vodafone. The answer is simple, I have a cheap alternative phone  to use, one tariff is up so that one will go elsewhere and so will the other one when the contract expires and spread the word of insanely poor service 

View more options
PiaSch

Great to hear... Is there any update yet? I have no alternative phone, in lockdown on my own. This really upsetting. 

Also Bluetooth stopped working at the same moment. Just had been in contact with Vodafone via their help system, and the guy had no idea whatsoever!!!

Please Natasha, keep us updated!

View more options
Tash

Hi everyone, a further update I wanted to share. For those who are still affected and have raised this to us on Facebook/Twitter so we can escalate the requested details to our department, the following should help while we work on a fix:
- Carrying out any calls through apps while connected to a WiFi network
- Diverting calls to another number you have available. You can do this in your online account
 by logging in and going to:

• Services and Extras

• Call divert 

• Enter your security pin/password

• Click Change

• Tick Forward calls immediately

• Choose “To a different number”

• Enter the destination number

• Click Save

View more options

How on earth is this marked as solved?