Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Frustrating as it is (and I'm a key worker too so I get it), cancelling your Direct Debit isn't going to end well for people. The best approach is not, sadly, the quick approach. It's to follow the path set out here: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-complain-to-the-ombudsman-about-a-mobile-phone...

So: 

1. Complain to Customer Services using this form: https://complaints.vodafone.co.uk/resource?id=27700

My complaint includes that Vodafone refused to replace my handset which is still under warranty.

2. After an appropriate wait, or if the resolution is unacceptable, ask Vodafone for a "letter of deadlock"

3. After 14 days, or on receipt of said letter, complain to CISAS: https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

4. Wait for CISAS to make a determination.

Yes, it will take ages, won't fix the issue immediately, probably won't punish Vodafone sufficiently that they stop this happening again and won't leave you feeling happy. However, it won't damage your credit rating.

I could imagine that will be a very quick and unbiased process. I've cancelled them before and they sit up and notice. 

Makes me laugh that they still start each page on their website with how they are keeping country conected during covid!  I'm in the high risk group and need a reliable phone to keep in touch with outside world, contacting doctors and district nurses etc. Luckily I've been able to borrow an old phone off of one of my carers to keep me in touch, but Vodafone haven't given a ##$@# about us customers that rely heavily on our mobiles.  As soon as I am able, I will defiantly be considering moving providers....

Currently on a call to Vodafone who seems to think he is a Mi 9 expert .think that's the 5th person to tell me that and they won't even provide pac numbers to people either!

Hi everyone, I've been following this thread since the start and I've been experiencing the same problems since I updated on Saturday night. I've just got home from work and there was an update to the problem, even highlighting the sim card problems on the update page, obviously I clicked install, after it completed I rebooted with my sim card in and guess what.... It's still not detecting my sim card! Is this a joke!? Has any one else had this? I'm starting to lose patience now and I'm a very patient man! It's not good enough Vodafone! 

@Royston59 wrote:

Hi everyone, I've been following this thread since the start and I've been experiencing the same problems since I updated on Saturday night. I've just got home from work and there was an update to the problem, even highlighting the sim card problems on the update page, obviously I clicked install, after it completed I rebooted with my sim card in and guess what.... It's still not detecting my sim card! Is this a joke!? Has any one else had this? I'm starting to lose patience now and I'm a very patient man! It's not good enough Vodafone! 

I have also just received the update. SIM is now detected but getting no signal. What an absolute farce.

It's updated the version as you can see in the picture, it's not stable, it's not working! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Likewise. Got a new update. SIM with X has gone, now shows no signal. However when go thought settings to look at SIM card details it says 'sim card not installed' so no different really 

Also downloaded the new update and still doesn't work! Wow...

Me too , it's all greyed out 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-17-24-14-773_com.android.phone.jpg