main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

SOLVED
View solved solution
nickhyatt19
2: Seeker

The sim problem has been solved but now voicemail is in another language, mine is so many others probably are too 

View more options
smithkv
4: Newbie

That's an easy one to sort out. Select 121 as the area. If you look back in the history of this thread you'll see how to do it. Hope that helps. 

View more options
smithkv

Although my phone is working has anyone still not had contact with compensation or a replacement handset? 

I was told I would get a call at 16:00 then at 16:30 after no call I was told I may get an email. Still nothing yet. 🙄 

View more options
Bob47

I still haven't received my email either but had a call last week from higher management they said I'd get 40 quid credit plus that they'd credit my account for hassle regard down time and loss o service 

View more options
robbiesavage

Well, after nearly two weeks of not working, I asked  them to terminate  the contract. They did  so that day. New phone arrived last night, paying less than  before  for a much better contract. Just glad its it's happened now while  I hardly  leave the house.

View more options
Rednose66

Anybody else having residual issues? Last night I realised my APN's had disappeared and I couldn't re-enter them. I when I try to enter then manually I get an error message in trying to save.  My phone can still make calls but no data.

View more options
winks

No all sorted, phone works like a dream, I went from MI 10-14 to MI11-06 with no problems. I put off 'upgrading' but was forced into it by other services not working with the old firmware.

Battery life is same as it was with charge every couple of days 

View more options
Soulie71

Mine still not working. Been passed to and from Vodafone and Xiaomi. Won't let me terminate contract. No new handset. What is it 4-5 weeks now 😠

View more options
hrym
17: Community Champion

@Rednose66 wrote:

Anybody else having residual issues? Last night I realised my APN's had disappeared and I couldn't re-enter them. I when I try to enter then manually I get an error message in trying to save.  My phone can still make calls but no data.

Have you tried texting WEB to 40127?   That should get the APNs sent to your device.   Alternatively, removing and replacing your SIM may prompt it as well.

View more options
Rednose66

Hi the thanks for your reply. I did. They came and still nothing in my list of access points. Looks like this may be another factory reset on the way.

View more options
robbiesavage

Email the CEO as suggested earlier. Once their exec. team have the complaint they will sort it. You may have a Xiaomi phone, but its Vodafone who you have a contract with and they supplied the hardware. They must solve it. Make the point and I'm confident they'll release you from your contract. 

View more options
Soulie71

Cheers gunna try that. Hopefully it'll be sorted. It's doing my head in now 

View more options
MarkD

Hi @Soulie71 

Have you tried the following: 

1. Select Settings / SIM Card
  2. Select Mobile Networks / Access Point Names
  3. Then press Reset

Let us know how you get on 🙂

View more options
Carlys101

Has anyone got the update through for miui 12? Lol... Don't want to go through all this again with 12!! 

View more options
winks

No - I'm holding off and will be watching the chat rooms .....surely they won't make the same mistake again but then again we did have WW2!

View more options
winks

Just out of interest I did update to V12 - no problem works just fine with all my settings such as ringtones still in place. Apart from the Control Centre not a lot seems to have changed.

View more options
Carlys101

My phone automatically updated to miui 12 overnight whilst I was asleep. Glad to report no problems at all and enjoying the new update! 

View more options
Rednose66

I will probably give MIUI 12 a go - it doesnt seem available for my handset yet - when it comes out but my confidence in Vodafone is gone. 11 months and I will take my money elsewhere. I have an unreliable phone now that occasionally looses access point settings and has terrible battery life. Thanks Vodafone. Never again.

View more options