Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Update 11.0.6 received and downloaded. Had to update the APN settings but now that's done all seems well again - at last!  Thanks to all forum contributors for all the messages and updates along the way.  

Had the latest update .06 hasn't worked. It's doing my head in now. Don't know what to do. APN greyed out still. This is a joke. Tempted to cancel direct debit and sack em off 

So, having sent so many SMS activation text messages the phone blocked itself, the SIM activated bit the APN settings vanished 

Went to set the APN settings and, after following the instructions on the Vodafone website, the APN settings won't save. 

So close to normal. But not there yet ☹️

So, finally found someone in the 2nd line tech team that could finally sort things out. When the 11.0.6.0 update was applied, the phone got caught in an "activation loop" to the extent that the phone paused sending activation text messaged until I approved it sending more. Eventually the SIM activated and calls & SMS worked. 

However, the APN settings were not installed and no data. Even when having attempted to add an APN, the handset would not accept it. However, after an hour on the Vodafone Chat thing and they sent a new provisioning message, a quick reboot of the phone and mobile data was restored.

I hope that helps anyone out there still struggling. If there's anything more I can do to help then please message me.

Point to note: At no point have I had to factory reset my phone and I believe that no one should ever be asked to do so without clear proof that it would solve an issue. To all those that have been asked to do so, you have my sympathies and you should feel annoyed. 

Don't get any message. Just says no sim. Don't know what do.  Frustrating as .....   

Have you tried the interactive chat? It usually takes half an hour for them to run through their script before they'll pass you to second line support but you may need the activation messages sent out again.

four times. Ill give it another go tomorrow. Couldn't face it tonight. Taking over my life 😂

You have my sympathies. Sorry.

Thanks for advice. Hopefully they can help me on chat tomorrow 🤞

Soulie71, I know it sounds silly but which slot is the SIM card in? If it's not in slot one, it won't read it. Just saying as I tried swapping them around and would only read it in slot one