Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PS4 Nat Type Issues

Rejwan98
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, im trying to utilize my unlimited max plan for the use of hotspot on my ps4. (Due to home broadband beein down). Is there any way round the fact that the nat type is strict and set to type 3 i tried many things and yet to find a solution. I tried with my mums phone who is in three and with the same phone hotspot works perfectly fine with open NAT and type 2 on ps4 settings. Is there anything that can be done done as it seems a big issue not to be able to connect on online games with friends

33 REPLIES 33

That's really shocking to think it's technically possible but it's purposely being restricted for commercial purposes. So I guess when they say they are  lookjng into it the they are most likely consulting with finance as opposed to network and engineering teams. Makes sense now as to why there are threads going back to 2017 on this. Took less time to crack the enigma than the time apparently taking to "look into" this problem. 

Can we have an update please Vodafone on how much longing this is going to be looked into? Starting to think I will see Nuclear Fusion being solved before this. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ash194 This is still being looked into, as a workaround to help keep you connected through your PS4, you can change your NAT type by using a VPN. 

As soon as we get an update on this, we'll let everyone know.

Is there is VPN you would suggest, I tried using Nord VPN and configured it on the Gigacube and still got NAT type 3 on the ps4.

Have the team your waiting on given you any information at all on what they are trying to do?

22/7/2020 Still not resolved. 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Philbabba I'm sorry for the length of time this is taking. We're aware that we use IPv4 and to resolve this NAT Type issue, we need to use IPv6. This has been raised and as soon as we have an update on this we'll let you all know. 

Like I said this has been raised for more than a year and not a single update or date has been added. Nothing will happen. 

Hi @Philbabba we do currently have a team investigating this and are collating examples of the strict NAT types that customers are receiving, if possible could you provide a screenshot of the NAT type being received, along with the type of device being used and I will make sure this is passed to the relevant team who are investigating.

Are there any updates to this?! I am on xbox and face the exact same issue ('NAT type: strict' for xbox) with no resolution. Vodafone advertises the gigacube as perfect for online gaming when it doesn't even connect with IPv6. @Moderators please give us some information

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @theangusreed We're still working on a fix for this. So we can add your issues to the investigation, please pop us a screenshot of any error message you receive when you're unable to connect and we'll pass the details on to out Tech team.