Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recent apps button not working on Smart E8

stockrags
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

'Recent apps.' button no longer works since Android update this week. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Can you please try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On again. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No - sorry, that makes no difference. :Smiling:

Ok. :Sad_face:

Some phones can be put into Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones Live which can help to determine if its a rogue app. 

Google Safe Mode for your type of phone model. 

That or back up and factory reset which may help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tried both of those things but neither worked I'm afraid.  I'm very suspicious that it happened after an Android update - would the factory reset have taken my phone back toa point before that upgrade?

hrym

No.  A factory reset simply puts the device into an out-of-the-box state, but with any updates that have been installed since you first had it.

I'll admit I'm surprised that hasn't worked as problems like this are often simply a resources issue and that should fix it.   I have seen another thread like this, though (not sure if it was the same device and whether a factory reset sorted it).   It sounds as though the update may not have installed correctly and I suspect your next step would be a repair.   That would normally include reflashing the firmware and that should get it working.

When you did the reset, did the recent apps button not work even before you'd installed any apps or content?