Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM card too big for new smart phone

Kernow_John
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I decided to stop using my very old Doro basic phone and buy a so-called smartphone, in my case a Samsung Galaxy A53.  I just tried to swap the SIM from my Doro to my new phone and the card is about three times too big!  I think there must have been at least two generations of SIM card since I bought my Doro years ago.  What do I do?  Will Vodafone simpluy send me a new (tiny) SIM if I contact them??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

You need a replacement SIM @Kernow_John .  Follow this link: SIM Swap  This can also be done through a Vodafone store but Vodafone are very security aware and will ask for photo identity.

When you receive the SIM follow this link :Multi SIM Vodafone will send a security text to the phone before the swap leave the old SIM in the phone to receive the security text.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

You need a replacement SIM @Kernow_John .  Follow this link: SIM Swap  This can also be done through a Vodafone store but Vodafone are very security aware and will ask for photo identity.

When you receive the SIM follow this link :Multi SIM Vodafone will send a security text to the phone before the swap leave the old SIM in the phone to receive the security text.

I just received a new SIM from Vodafone in the post tday, but it's an old fashioned large one, like the one in my old Doro phone so does not fit my new Samsung Galaxy A53.   Where do a get a nano SIM that fits my new smartphone?? 🤔

AnnS

It will be a multi SIM as explained above, you push out the SIM size you need.  There will be some markings on the SIM.  What size SIM card do I need? 

download.jpeg.jpg

multi SIM

Doh!  🙄  It's a three SIMS in one card.  Who'd have thought?  Perhaps the leaflet that accompanies the new SIM triple set should say something to this effect ?  Is it me? 😬  😂