main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Samsung S8+ Video Calling

2: Seeker

Does Galaxy S9 have this feature? Is it improved or the same?

[Removed]

View more options

@Yvana The Video Calling feature should certainly be available on your Samsung Galaxy S9, it's more than likely it'll be improved quality too. Are you aware on how to access this feature from your phone? 

View more options
5: Helper

Hi,

No it does not have this option available on any Vodafone provided Samsung handsets.

There is no question about the improved performance when you can't access the function as Josh advised below.

Regards

Vicky R

View more options

@Yvana @vicr76 I'm sorry for any confusion that's been caused by this, Video Calling is an available feature on the Samsung S9. This is something that isn't available through the dialer, you'll still be able to use the feature itself through apps.

View more options

Hi @Loz

Don't ylu think that is a bit mis leading advise by @Josh. As this thread is all about video calling function with in the dailer and he confirmed that this is available in S9 which is not true.

All orher provider have no issue leaving that option available on all handsets but its only Vodafone eho don't have this in locked or even after unlocing the phone ehich ristricts user to take advantage if full functionality of the phone without rooting and in some extend this is illegal.

Regards

Vicky R

View more options

@vicr76 I'm sorry if you feel this is confusing in any way, I think the post @Loz put up will have cleared up any questions about the Video Calling option on the Samsungs. 

View more options

Hi @TJ

Does it rearlly make clear anything? Because the question was does Vodafone supplied Sansung phones have stock application to make video call us available or not but @Loz suggested a Vodafone's Call+ application? And aldo this in not an option only for Samsung handset but anyphone on Voda network can use this application to call other Voda customer only if they got tjis app installed.

Regarda

Vicky R

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @vicr76, the functionality’s built into the firmware by Samsung. It’s not something we can change.
We do allow video calls over our network via most of the major apps, including our own.

Blair

View more options

Hi @Blair

Here we go again, if its something to do with Samsung then why this option to make video call with in phone's dailer is available on all other network operator's locked phones but not only on Vida locked phones. 

Even this option is available in all display phobes in the Voda store as they are unlocked but the handsets customers recieving with Voda bloatware missing yhis option.

This all is confirmed by head office in 2016 but not able to resolve yet.

Regards

Vicky R

View more options
2: Seeker

And if you read the dozens of blogs over the last few year on this matter you will see the problem seems to have been identified as Vodafone firmware, and it is to do with the phones being locked. [Removed]

View more options

I'm sorry for any confusion caused in the thread here @vicr76.

As @Alex has mentioned previously, due to the experience we'd seen from customers we removed the option as it didn't provide an experience that was consistent. 

Should there be any changes to this function being available in the future, this will show on our blog - while at the moment this doesn't look promising, an option for you and others would be to use an alternative app to have video calls.

View more options

Hi @Natasha

Got your point but what once the phone is ulocked we are still not able to use video call function and that ristricts the full use of the phone. All other providers all over world dont have this unseen issue but only Vodaphone provided handsets?

Don't you think this is all excuses?

Regards

Vicky R

View more options

Native video calling from the dialer is a specific feature of certain networks and isn't available on multiple providers across the UK @vicr76As previously advised, there's plenty of apps and other options to keep people connected via video call. 

View more options

Hi @TJ

Can you please tell me a single provider who don't have video calling option in their dailer as I have checked all providers in UK an India with no issues. 

Any ways this is not a specific feature from network but a function with in phone so there is no reson to remove this.

Regards

Vicky R

View more options
4: Newbie

I have a Galaxy S9+ supplied by Carphone Warehouse and it had the option of video call from within the dialer. Never used it but recently flashed Vodafone firmware so that I could use VoLTE and notice the option to use Video Call has now gone from within the dialer.

View more options

Hi Richy_01

Thank you for confirming that and that is the exact point I am trying to prove from last 3 years which Vodafone team in here trying to avoid and suggeating to use other applications.

All faults are with in Vodafone's firmware and head office also aware if it and confirmed to me but never bothered to resolve this .

Regards

Vicky R

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi Vicky

I never much bother with video calls but noticed after I'd flashed the Vod firmware on S9+ that when you selected a contact there used to be 4 options under the name and now only 2 being text or call. Both video call and contact details seemed to have gone though you can still see or edit contact details.

Anyway, begs the question - how do you make a video call? I read mention of a Vodafone app 'Call +' but can find no sign of the app now. I know you can use Whatsapp but of course the person on other end would need to be using whatsapp. Took video calling for granted and never thought that Vodafone would remove it. 

View more options

Hi @Richy_01

You are right, no one never noticed about video calling option dissapeard on Vodafone handsets long time back. But Voda did know this atleast 3 years back when I raised this issue with head office and they never bothered to fix this as not much people shouted about this. People don't realise that Voda may be don't support video calling in UK but in their Euro roaming they clearly mentioned and included video calling.

About the call+ feature that is not of any use if the other person you calling is not on Voda network and I don't think you need to download any app for that. There is an option ib call settings somewhere to activate this option and then when you make a normal call and if the other person is on Voda network then the video call icon on dailer will be available otherwise it will be greyed out.

Regards

Vicky R

View more options