Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages

Heya123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I dont receive all my text messages. I get some through but not all of them. I can make calls fine. I can send messages fine. I've had a few people send me messages and only some come through. I even text myself and i only get some. I also don't get delivery reports now either? I have put my sim in my old phone too and the problem is still the same. I have been to different locations and the problem is the same.

I've tried rejoining the Vodafone network, and deleting all my texts and still only receive some messages. Any ideas? Thanks
Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Heya123 

The first thing to do is to make sure you have the correct message centre number entered, this should be +447785016005.  Also make sure delivery reports are still enabled.

You don't mention the phone you are using or if you are PAYG or pay monthly.  Although you mention you have deleted some messages, this may be due to the maximum number of texts message conversations in your inbox.

I would speak to Vodafone through the Customer Service channels, they will be able to make sure your incoming messages are hitting the message centre for forwarding onto your phone.  Just follow this link: Contact Us 

I am on pay monthly. It only happened since I've upgraded to a Samsung s20.

I have spoken to Vodafone they still haven't solved my problem. The only thing we have found out is, that I can get texts and delivery reports on 3g but not on 4g. So I have to use 3g. But I cant receive texts or delivery reports on 4g but i can send them on 4g and my calls work fine on 4g.

They have sent me a new sim and this still hasn't solved the issue. I have tried my sim in my old phone which is a samsung s9 plus and i still have the same issue. Hopefully vodafone sort it out soon! 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Heya123 👋  This is currently a known issue with delivery reports. If this is switched on in your settings (by going to text messages - the three dots in the right hand corner - Settings - More Settings - Text messages - Delivery reports toggled on), please be assured we're working on a fix ASAP.

We're looking to get a software update from Samsung for this and we don't have a timescale from them to give at the moment. Once available this should sort things for you 👍

It is not just happening to Samsung phones, the same thing has started to happen on my Sony phone as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Sony1, We haven't been made aware of this issue affecting Sony's at the moment, have you checked that delivery reports are enabled on your phone?

Yes Jack Delivery Reports are switched on. I've had this phone for about 3 years and this particular problem only started happening recently.

When I first bought this phone from Vodafone there was a related problem where the Delivery Reports option was not on the phone, but this was added a few months later. It has worked perfectly since being added and is still there but I'm now not the Delivery Reports. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for confirming @Sony1 We haven't been made aware of any specific issues here, but it may be worth making sure your device is fully updated. I'd also recommend checking out Sony's device support page here for more information about your handset, and access to Sony's direct device support

Thanks Jack, I'm going to do a Messaging App  Cache and Data clear when I get time to do a backup to see if that helps. If not I will try to roll back the updates to the App.

I've kept the phone on Android 8 and it has worked sweetly up until this problem which happened recently. The only thing that does get updated is the stock Google Messaging App.

It is a waste of time contacting Sony because they will say it is a Vodafone problem.  

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sony1, I'm sorry if I've missed previously where you've advised the specific model of your phone, but please click here for our Sony device guides. The specific flow I'd advise is under Messaging titled "I can't send and receive text messages" as well as our "Set up your phone for text messaging" to ensure there's nothing stopping you there. Please let us know if this helps 🙂