Solution

Unlocking Galaxy S6

jackhenson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

119 REPLIES 119

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll be happy to help with your code @H1963.

I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch with our team directly.

A member of the team will be in touch to help once we receive your details :Smiling:

Hello,

I have the same issue with my Galaxy S7 Edge, Vodafone provided the NUC, but it does not work and I am being asked to input the Sim Network PUK. I am already abroad, and my roaming has already cost me 40 pounds within 2 days. I am have sent 3 emails to NUC Resolutions team and still waiting. It seems the only way is to get the so-called master code. 

Can one of the forum moderators please assist? I will be abroad for 2 weeks and there is no way for me to keep using my Vodafone SIM. 

Thank you

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @ak91 this looks like you have input an incorrect code in too many times, try contacting livechat and ask for your PUK, I unlocked an S7 yesterday no problems, part of the problem could be that you are overseas and Vodafone dont guarantee an unlock will work when abroad. 

I put a non vodafone sim in, the message came up to input NUC which I did (8 digit number) and the unlock went through no problem.

If it's asking him for the 'Sim Network PUK' he needs the master code to input first; it's nothing to do with inputting a code too many times.  This is pretty standard on most recent Samsung phones locked to the Vodafone network and was confirmed to me by Samsung.

63johnw

@hughdunford as I sated in my post, I unlocked an S7 yesterday, the poster is trying to unlock an S7+, and I only had to input the NUC, there were no other requests, I dont know if this is the same for an S6 but there was no PUK request or master code request, anytime I have been requested to input a PUK it is due to incorrectly inputting the phone unlock pin.

I've had this issue with an S6 Edge and an S8.  Vodafone kept insisting it was a PUK issue and that I needed an unlock code from the new sim card provider.  This was incorrect and it took several weeks and calls to Samsung to confirm that 'Sim Network PUK code' is an issue with Vodafone locked Samsung phones and not the sim card.  Samsung told me to persist with Vodafone and eventually I was given the phone master code to input before the network unlock code.  This is standard with most recent Samsung Vodafone phones.  I don't know why this wasn't an issue with your phone, but the important thing for anyone who sees  'Sim Network PUK code'  is that they get the phone master code from Vodafone.  The sim PUK code will not help.

63johnw

Several of my colleagues are all busy changing from vodafone to EE and have had to unlock several S7's and no one has had any other messages apart from the NUC request. 

I have just watched another colleague who has just upgraded on Vodafone unlock his personal S7 edge and only had to input the NUC, no other request for a PUK. So its not all recent Samsungs, not sure why this is happening ??

Maybe the S7 is different, no idea why.  However, whatever the phone, the issue is only when the user sees the message  'Sim Network PUK code' .  Most Vodafone staff seem to think this means the PUK code has been input too many times, but this is incorrect.  The only resolution if this message comes up is to get the phone master code.  This was confirmed to me by Samsung.  The network unlock resolutions team can help with this, if you get the right person in the team who understands the issue! 

Hello,

This has nothing to do with inputting any wrong code that triggered the PUK. I need the master code to unlock the sim network PUK not the SIM Card.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

It's disappointing to hear you're having some issues getting your phone unlocked @ak91.

So we can investigate further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Please complete the form enclosed and one of the team will be in contact.