Solution

Unlocking Galaxy S6

jackhenson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

119 REPLIES 119

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I need a master code but every time I ask the nucresolutions team, they just ignore that part of the email and send me the same NUC code which I've already recieved multiple times. I need the master code.

This is the email I received from them (eventually), so this person knows what's required.  I suggest you reply copying the below information and saying this is what you need for your phone.

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone. You’re almost done – there are just a few things you need to do to complete the process.

What you need to do next

We request you to follow below unlocking procedure with provided code.

1. Restart the phone with the new SIM Card inserted
  2. You should be prompted for an unlock code
  3. Enter the Master Code (8-digit numberand press unlock
  4. The phone will display “Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful”
  5. Enter the Network Unlock Code (8-digit number) and press unlock
  6. The phone should display “Network Unlock Successful”

Thank-you

Ilyas Shaikh

The Vodafone Unlocking team

Thank you @hughdunford. Hopefully it can get sorted soon.

@hughdunford wrote:

This is the email I received from them (eventually), so this person knows what's required.  I suggest you reply copying the below information and saying this is what you need for your phone.

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone. You’re almost done – there are just a few things you need to do to complete the process.

What you need to do next

3. Enter the Master Code (8-digit numberand press unlock
  5. Enter the Network Unlock Code (8-digit number) and press unlock

Thank-you

Ilyas Shaikh

The Vodafone Unlocking team

Easier said than done !  6 emails from the Social Media team telling me to input the PUK they supplied despite me informing that the phone is working perfectly with it's Vodafone sim and to please esculate to the Unlocking Team.

First got the NUC on April 10th 2018, now 15 May.

Ignore the social media team, or indeed anyone you can speak to at Vodafone; they don't know what they're talking about and refuse to listen or understand the problem.  The NUC resolutions team are the only people who seem to be able to help, and even then, only when you get to the right person!

I've learnt that Hugh - but they won't go away !! and they pay no attention to what I said in my emails. I shall persist

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @RogP we're more than happy to chase this up for you. As you're still having problems I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@hughdunford wrote:

This is the information I eventually received:

3. Enter the Master Code (xxxxxxxxand press unlock
  5. Enter the Network Unlock Code(yyyyyyyy) and press unlock

My phone only has numbers and no option to use letters?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disappointed to hear you're having difficulty unlocking your phone @Viet12. So we can help you, please contact us through the private message I've sent.

Mark I have an email saying you have left a private message but have recived nothing other than the two I've recived on 4th & 16th May.

Looking at your posting on the forum it may well have gone to viet12

@Mark wrote:

I'm disappointed to hear you're having difficulty unlocking your phone @Viet12. So we can help you, please contact us through the private message I've sent.