Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrading from android 9 to 10

Yusufk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hey guys I need help I have a Huawei p smart 2019 locked to vodaphone and I am on android 9.1. 0.314 and I can't upgrade to android 10 I have seen many people with the exact same phone as mine and they all have android 10 I tried manually updating it but nothing will work I will just get a message saying the latest version of android is installed when it's not someone please help quick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Yusufk 

Not sure if you've seen the information in Firmware-Explained. 

You have a branded phone i.e supplied by Vodafone do they'll want to test it before allowing it onto their branded phones.

Other people may have a sim free phone so their phones will recieve updates direct with no network being involved.

My advice is to stay with checking via your phone's software update section.

xda-developers.com/huawei-p-smart-2019-android-10-emui-10. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Yusufk 

Not sure if you've seen the information in Firmware-Explained. 

You have a branded phone i.e supplied by Vodafone do they'll want to test it before allowing it onto their branded phones.

Other people may have a sim free phone so their phones will recieve updates direct with no network being involved.

My advice is to stay with checking via your phone's software update section.

xda-developers.com/huawei-p-smart-2019-android-10-emui-10. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the advice really appreciate it but I have another question what if I pay to unlock my phone do you think I. Will get all of the updates then because technically its owned by no carrier

BandOfBrothers

Unlocking the phone to all network's will have no bearing on software updates @Yusufk 

That just means it will accept any Network's Sim Card.

The phone will still depend on Vodafone allowing the updates.

Vodafone don't charge to unlock a phone once the required criteria has been met.

Current Phone  >

OK thanks for your help

Hey guys I recently had a question about why I can't get my software update from android 9 to 10 and a user called bandofbrothers really helped me out I just wanted to know if your phone. Is locked to vodaphone when will vodaphone give you the updates I've been waiting a few months now

Also when do. You think the update will come out. I've been waiting soo long for it

BandOfBrothers

As per the info in the firmware statement I added earlier Vodafone won't comment on software updates for the reasons specified in the link @Yusufk 

I'm a customer like you so I'm not sure either.

I'd suggest to Google Search like you probably have been doing to get some handle on who has the update and wether they have an unbranded phone i.e not supplied by a Network and those that have had the update via other networks.

There are some tech blogs who have their own thoughts.

Just to add my personal opinion on software  / firmware updates.

Yes they can enhance features already on the phone and can bring some new features but for me security updates are more important.

I'm on Android 10 and being honest it didn't bring loads of enhancements or new features.

For me a stable phone is more important than new firmware. I totally understand why you want it however. 

What new or enhanced features are drawing you to the new firmware ?

Current Phone  >

Thank you so much band of brothers you are a lifesaver I just created this account yesterday because I was so confused but now all of my questions are answerd you are a great person once again thanks 👍👍🙏🙏😉😉