Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart V10 with wifi calling - turn off alerts

watson123
3: Seeker

Hello

Firstly, apologies if this is posted on the wrong board.

I have a Vodafone Smart V10 with wifi calling.

I keep getting audible alerts saying "Vodafone Wifi call" when the phone signal goes.

Is there any way to turn off this alert

Thank you

John

7 REPLIES 7

watson123

Hello

Firstly, apologies if this is posted on the wrong board.

I have a Vodafone Smart V10 with wifi calling.

I keep getting audible alerts saying "Vodafone Wifi call" when the phone signal goes.

Is there any way to turn off this alert

Thank you

John

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you looked in the phones preferences settings or your myvodafone app @watson123 

Unfortunately I do not use that phone model.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I've not come across that before and I can't see why it would be a default setting, tbh.  There are various possibilities but, as this is a Vodafone device, someone form the company should be able to help you.   Wait for one of the forum team to pick this up.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @watson123 , when the alert comes through to advise on the Wi-Fi Calling, does it come up as a notification also? If so, you can long press on the notification on the top bar and set it to silent. This should stop any alerts regarding it coming through. 

Hi Adam

Thanks for this - good thinking - unfortunately there is not a separate notification.  I think the solution will have to be turning off wifi calling when not needed - this is manageable for me.

Thanks again

John

Hi again Adam

You were right - I managed to get to turning notifications off for wifi calling alerts only by swiping down from the top and going from there.  It seems that you cannot get to this notification option via settings.

A big thank you

John

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great news @watson123 🎉 I'm glad we could help get this sorted for you and I'll pass your thanks on to @Adam!