Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone icon

peterjohno34
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all. I've seen a few posts similar to my question but no answers. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 + 5G.

On the lock screen, in the top left corner of my phone, it displays Vodafone UK.

Now when I unlock it , its gone and  displays the time. 

I dont need this as its included in my weather app. 

I've seen other people wanting to hide the Vodafone icon, but I want it displayed regardless of the lock screen or not. 

I've looked in all settings and the good lock app. The only thing I can seemingly do is hide the time, which is not what I want. 

Can anyone advise please. 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That's a conundrum @peterjohno34 

Are you using another theme or 3rd party launcher instead of the Samsung default one.

Edit ;

Or are you using something like the Samsung Goodlock App ?

Using the above maybe able to let you change things up in the phones status bar.

I use a few phones but at the moment I'm using a Samsung Note 10+ 5G with another network's sim card in it.

My Vodafone Sim is in another phone at work.

When I look at the lock screen it still shows the networks name in the top left hand corner.

Is this what you mean ?

Screenshot_20200516-122154_Gallery.jpg

The above is a creenshot of my locks lockscreen. 

Screenshot_20200516-120900_One UI Home.jpg

The above is a screenshot of my home screen

The Networks logo isn't present.

It's possibly due to the software.

My Samsung Note 10+ 5G is purchased directly from Samsung so it has no networks flavour of firmware on it only Samsung's. 

It might be because it's deemed more useful for the time to be there instead of the network name as not everyone uses widgets like the weather one you are.

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi bud, mine is bought from Vodafone and am still with them. I just don't see why it only shows on the lock screen.  If that's how it is then so be it. 

Right now that's how it's set up @peterjohno34 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Is it the logo or the Network name? On my Huawei P30, running Android 10, "Vodafone UK" appears top left on both the lock screen and home screen.

In the display settings part of the settings menu, there is an option "display carrier name" which you can turn on and off. When turned to off, the network name still appears on the lock screen but not the home screen.

So while my phone is a Huawei, if it's an Android setting, maybe that is the answer, esp if the option is switched off. On my phone the menu trail is:

Settings.....Display & Brightness.....More Display Settings

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

Hi Simon thanks for that.

Yes it is the carrier logo that disappears when the phone is unlocked. Ive had it for a year now and always have it updated. Its never been there on the homescreen since I've had it, so its not as if it was there and now its gone. 

I've tried those settings, slightly different on mine and there's no additional display settings to access.

Happy to keep trying things if you have any more ideas buddy. 

Thank you. 

Hi all, 

I've found an app called phono that has now put the Vodafone icon in the top left of the screen. I cannot find any other option anywhere to assist in my original question. 

The app has been pulled from the app store as its not compatible with Android 10 yet.  I downloaded it as an apk file but it crashed on opening, but then the icon appeared. 

I'll take this unless anyone can indeed advise on how to make the vodafone UK icon appear on the home screen. 

Thanks.