Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-fi calling - trying to get help from Tech Support

aneng
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.  I am yet another user who cannot get wi-fi calling working on Vodafone.  I recently moved to Vodafone and have since discovered that my phone is not on your list of approved devices for wi-fi calling.  I have a Google Pixel XL, which DOES have wi-fi calling capabilities and this worked fine on my previous network, EE.

I've spent hours talking to 1st and 2nd line support who, as soon as they realise my phone isn't on their list, don't want to help further.  I've read on here that some people have managed to get 3rd line to push out provisioning messages to unsupported phones and this has worked.  I'm trying to get someone in Vodafone to try this for me.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but at least try to help me get it working.

Can anyone from Vodafone help me get through to someone who can give this a go for me please, as it's a deal breaker for me otherwise.  Maybe push out the closest model Pixel settings?  

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You could ask the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM as they cannot access accounts via this forum.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

You need them or Live Chat or Customer Support on 191 to send you the OTA i.e Over the Air Configuration for Calling Over Wi-Fi.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Well, I tried Twitter AND Facebook.  They're not interested in trying.

Hi

If you've been advised the device isn't on our supported devices list, then we're unable to send the provisioning message. If our Tech Support team have also advised the same then we still can't overturn this decision, it's Tech Support who handle the provisioning messages for any feature. Lisamarie

aneng_1-1663415630749.png

Oh well.....   It's time to cancel the contract and switch networks.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Tell Vodafone you are using a phone that is supported. They still don't list the Samsung s22 as supported. Pick a Pixel that was launched around the same time or just say it's a pixel 6

You used to be able to turn wifi calling off/on in MyVodafone and that often fixed things, but as that was useful, Vodafone appear to have removed the option.