cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 : does wifi calling work? Without continuous notifications like Huawei?

cdl
4: Newbie

I am considering the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 or Mi Note 10 Pro (to be bought unlocked, not through Vodafone).

They are not in the list of officially supported phones published here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling , but has any one verified if wifi calling works? 

I understand there are some phones with which it works even if they are not in the official list.

Also, on some Huawei phones, enabling wifi calling means being pesterd by continuous notifications that wifi calling is available. This was discussed here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/wi-fi-calling-continuous-notifications-it-s-available-how-to... and happens only on Vodafone - the same phones on other networks with wifi calling don't seem to do that. Vodafone has not fixed the issue, and I'd guess it's unlikely they will soon. I am wondering if the same applies to Xiaomi phones?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

After we had a few similar questions @cdl  I asked the Vodafone Social Media Teams to look into this.

As a result Vodafone added this to their Wifi calling page

" All the devices on this page will support WiFi calling when you buy them directly from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless. Devices might be compatible when bought from third parties, we’re working with these other manufacturers to add our settings. "

Some owners of phones not showing as eligible due to being bought else where have said calling over wifi works on their phones.

If you perform a forum search you should see some posts about this.

However the proof is in the pudding i.e get the phone and try.

As I do not use the variants of phones you mention I'm unable to answer the latter part of your post. Sorry.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

[...]

" All the devices on this page will support WiFi calling when you buy them directly from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones,

This text is poorly worded and very unclear. Vodafone don't guarantee that phones bought from other UK telecom providers will support wifi calling, but how about phones bought unlocked from the manufacturer or from other stores, and which have never had any Vodafone/EE/Three etc firmware nor (much despised) bloatware installed? Can any one please clarify if those will work?

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

If you perform a forum search you should see some posts about this.

However the proof is in the pudding i.e get the phone and try.

Of course I had searched this and other forums but found nothing.

The point of this post was precisely this, to see if, by any chance, anyone may have had experience of these phones but may have not yet posted about it.

Since the availability of wifi calling is one of the factors driving the decision of which phone to get, no, I am not going to just get the phone and try. 

iainmann
9: Established

This is a bit late, but hopefully it'll help someone.

Every Xiaomi phone running MIUI I've had has worked with Vodafone UK WiFi Calling.  The setting appears when you insert the Voda SIM. 

On my Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T running MIUI 11, it's in Settings > SIM Cards and Mobile Services > Vodafone SIM Settings.

And no continuous notification. 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Indeed, works fine on the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra too.

I had to dial *#*#869434#*#* and reboot. For VoLTE it's *#*#86583#*#*