Ask

Solution

Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro - no 5G signal

pet2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I got a new Poco F2 Pro.

I've tried different areas that have 5G according to the network map but only ever get 4G. My plan has 5G included.

In the settings it's set to prefer 5G. When I do a manual network search I only get showed 4G, 3G and 2G networks.

According to the internet the frequency is supported.

Customer Service suggested I get a SIM card replacement, don't see how that's going to help though.

Any ideas what the issue might me?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chistery
16: Advanced member

5G DCNR Restricted = True is your problem.

Try calling and asking them to reprovision your number. Most Level 1 staff will just blame your handset and run through their usual checks, get them to escalate to L2.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

To give everyone an update, I called customer services and told them the number needs to be reprovisioned - the first agent requested to do a SIM swap instead which I did in a shop and did not help. So I called again, talked to a different agent and they initiated it. 2 days later it happened and I can now access 5G :Smiling: Thank you!

Also contacted the social media team on Messenger but they just stopped responding.

chistery

Good news pet2!

Shouldn't be this hard to get Vodafone tech support to fix their issue but all they want to do is blame the customer at every opportunity.