Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

how to get 4g

markwauds
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I got a message from Vodafone text saying I should change to 4G, but after following the instructions I find that the 4G option is not available.

I used the phone text (entering my IMEI number) which said my phone was compatible, but I was not sure how to continue and change.

Can you help?

Thanks

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @markwauds 

Follow the device guides to set your phone up for internet here: Device Guides 

It may be that 4G is not available at your location, you can check your network here: Coverage Checker Further information here: Network Issues 

I would also check your connection settings on the phone and make sure 4G is enabled for your data needs.

Hi 

Thanks.  

I went through the internet setting as per the instructions. I could use the internet before via mobile date and can now not connect, so I've gone back to my original settings.

I checked my location and it says that 4G is Good and available where am and in my area.

Unfortunately, my mobile network options still do not list 4G.

My options are LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) selected

3G/2G (auto connect)

3G only

2G only

Thanks
Mark

AnnS

Yes @markwauds 

If you have LTE selected, this will be your 4G. I suspect this is network related, try the coverage checker again using the zoom out and zoom in feature, this will give a better indication of network around the location.

I would also recommend trying the template on the network issues link.  Copy and paste the results back on the thread the Social Team will then have something to go on and will be able to get back to you with the results.