Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

turning off emergency alerts with Galaxy j3 2017

Samdy
6: Helper
6: Helper

How do I turn this feature off with my galaxy j3 2017?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

The best advise would come from your network @Samdy the alert you will receive on the 23 March, will be a welcome message and a test.

Vodafone have this information on the website, scroll down on how to opt out of emergency alerts

Emergency Alerts 

edited to add:  Additional information available with frequently asked questions from the Government here: Emergency Alerts 

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

Settings > Safety and Emergency > Emergency Alerts > Toggle Off Allow Alerts.

More here @Samdy  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/emergency-alerts/ 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandofBrothers thanks so much for replying.

I had already viewed the website that you recommended, but found no-where information on how to turn off emergency alerts - so I still need this information.

With regard the exercise itself - it was reported in the national press recently: "there will be a national UK exercise by the government on April 23rd 2023 to send an alarm to all mobiles in Britain at 3pm on that day, and all users are to respond by swiping or clicking the message they see on their mobile." Why should we respond - as this should be a 'one-way exercise' to inform us - why respond?

I have since read somewhere that: "if we do not respond, our mobiles will be 'deactivated' and 'blocked for use' - why."

I still need to know how to deactivate emergency alerts on my Galaxy J3 2017 please.

Thanks.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Samdy 

The steps I gave is how I turned off the Emergency Alerts on my own Samsung phone which will stop what is being planned sent to my phone.

Your quite correct in that until a person accepts the sent alert the phone is frozen.

I hope that helps.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

The best advise would come from your network @Samdy the alert you will receive on the 23 March, will be a welcome message and a test.

Vodafone have this information on the website, scroll down on how to opt out of emergency alerts

Emergency Alerts 

edited to add:  Additional information available with frequently asked questions from the Government here: Emergency Alerts 

Thank you AnnS.

Problem solved as I do not use my mobile for anything other than phone/texts for family and friends - oaccasional family and friends photographs - and very little Internet use and do not ever play games or anything like that on the mobile. So....

Settings>Location> and then disabled or turned off the following: -

OFF - Earthquake Alerts

OFF - Emergency Location Service

OFF - Google Location Accuracy

OFF - Location History

OFF - Location Sharing

Delswell
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All, how do I switch off government emergency siron notifications on April 23rd? I don't seem to be able to do it in chrome so vodaphone as the signal carrier is all that left to try. Thanks. Del.

BandOfBrothers

Yes you can @Delswell 

In Settings>Location> You can turn off various options there.

And there should be something similar  in Settings > Safety and Emergency > Emergency Alerts > Toggle Off Allow Alerts.

Each different manufacturer of phone can have a different path.

Google Search ' How to turn off the emergency alert insert your make of phone. '

Vodafone advise > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/newscentre/news/emergency-alerts-the-governments-new-warning-service-goes... 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

A previous thread here @Delswell . Solved: turning off emergency alerts with Galaxy j3 2017 - Community home (vodafone.co.uk) As you can see from the solution in the thread the best advise always comes from your network and the Government.

Edited to add this official link from the Government EMERGENCY ALERTS  

Since starting the original thread I have come across a number of websites that have suddenly come on advising how to switch OFF or DISABLE these emergency alerts. National newspapers have also given this advice - among them the Daily Mail and Daily Mirror.

Why do we need these alerts on our mobiles anyway, when we have had the timely local and national radio and television emergency alerts which have always worked adequately in the past?

My advice is to either disable the alerts on mobiles and tablets, OR, switch the phone/tablet off during the exercise times - a good hour before and after, otherwise if it is on and your phone receives the alert, the government will freeze your phone until you ping "message received". All a bit Big Brother!!

Remember during the Covid pandemic the government wanted us to ping our locations on our mobiles back then - to track us and our movements? Is this what this elert exercise is all about - nothing to do with emergencies; but to track our locations and movements?

All alerts on my mobile have been disabled, plus my mobile will be switched OFF.