cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

£50 credit was removed from balance, please help!

Changg
4: Newbie
Hello everyone, I would like to ask for your help with regards to my lost credit of £50, which has been removed from my balance as of 15/03/2017. I have been a vodafone customer for more than 10 years and have had this number (ending with 27336) for past 4 years: On 01/ 11/ 2016, I left the UK to work for an international voluntary organisation in East Asia on an 18 month contract, by which time I had £50.05 in my account. However as I received no signal with this PAYG sim card in this region, I could not use it at all after many efforts. On 20/02/2017, I was finally advised by customer representative “Eric” to request a refund back to bank account, who also confirmed my balance of £50.05. Therefore I contacted vodafone and spoke to “Lilian” of south African team, who again confirmed my balance of £50.05 and promised to complete the refund in a few working days. On 15/03/2017, because no refund was received in my bank, I made a top-up of £5 to keep account active, and contacted vodafone at the same time, but I was told my balance was reduced to £5.05! An unknown “DEBIT” of £50 was seen in system, but adviser could not find out more about it. Therefore I requested an urgent investigation on this missing credit, and was promised to receive a satisfactory result in a few working days. However I have so far contacted vodafone for more than 50 times, no advisers got back to me or any refund was received. Some of them even told me no record can be seen now! Therefore I would like to make a formal complaint on this serious incident, on which not only have I spent great amount of time and money to call you by Skype more than 3 times every week for past 9 weeks, also please could you understand how difficult and frustrating it has been for an innocent customer to bear a loss of £50 and no reason / refund has been given at all. Vodafone has been my mobile service provider for past 10 years, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible. And thank you all for your valuable advice here!
5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Changg

You have already queried this and received a PM for the Team to look into the issue. Did you reply?

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Urgent-complaint-Vodafone-is-stealing-not-returning-my-...

Thank you very much for your reply, I have replied throught the link sent in the PM.

Hope to hear from vodafone soon and will come back to let you know when issue is sorted.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Changg Please provide the reference number you received - it will look something like this: [#1234567890].

Once we've received this, we'll be able to chase this up for you.

Thank you for your reply, it is WRT165 [#15979199]. I received an email from Mr Nirav Dave last week, I have replied and am happy put his questions/my answers here should you need any reference: 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Changg Thanks for confirming this for me, I can see that we've received your latest email. We'll be in touch to assist you further as soon as possible.