Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bleeding screen on Carphone Warehouse HTC One M8

HammerJeff
3: Seeker

hi guys please help!!!!

bought a htc one m8 from carphone Warehouse on a vodafone 2 year contract 7 months ago.phone has been perfect until now.All of a sudden all around the edge of the screen what only can be described as  seeping black blobs and small lines,like the screen is pushing down on the layer below,have appeared.Having contacted carphone warehouse and HTC they both said it is Liquid damage and not covered for free repair.IT IS NOT LIQUID DAMAGE.this has just come out of nowhere.Basically what i`m hoping for,as it`s my first ever vodafone contract as opposed to T-mobile/EE,i`m 48 yrs old!!!!! that i can be given a replacement.Obviously i would pay for repair but this has become a matter of principle as my phone has be looked after like one of my kids(in a dot case since day one).

Any suggestions would be most welcome,especially from vodafone as they are taking my money for two years

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
They are normally good at repairs, let them have a look and see what they say. Good luck.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

63johnw
Hi, have you actually sent it away for repair yet? If you have and HTC are saying it is water damage then you are probably not going to get what you want. The manufacturer normally gives a bit more leeway than Vodafone, so if they have said no then I doubt you will get anywhere with Vodafone.

Do you not have any sort if insurance?

hi mate thanks for replying so quickly.No i haven`t sent it away yet,only happened 48 hrs ago and it`s getting worse every hour.No insurance either as i`m so careful with phones,never ever dropped one :).this really has come out of nowhere,totally shocked me to be honest.i bought it because of the great build qualitybut something is wrong. 

63johnw
Have you had a look at the battery? If its swollen it could be pressing from the inside?

no i haven`t,but really sorry for being so dense,how do you access the battery as the back is sealed 

63johnw
Sorry, didn't realise it was sealed.

I would try contacting HTC if I was you.

http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/phone/

You could alternatively actually take it to CPW shop and ask them to have a proper look.

As you got it from them I don't think there is much Vodafone will do?

HammerJeff

thanks mate a trip to CPW might be in order as they sold the phone........will be in touch

63johnw
They are normally good at repairs, let them have a look and see what they say. Good luck.

hrym

I'd follow John's advice.   I don't know why anyone would refuse even to look at the device and diagnose water damage unseen.   All phones have moisture sensors in them and these are the conclusive indicators.  Manufacturers usually go on the evidence of the fully internal ones (only accessible by dismantling the phone) as they would normally only be triggerd by full water ingress and not just a damp atmosphere.   HTC don't make a feature of moisture resistance, but have said the M8 has it so, unless you've dropped the phone down the loo (which I'd like to think you'd know about :smileyhappy:), it sounds as though this is unlikely.

I've not heard of M8 batteries failing, but it sounds a plausible scenario and anything's possible.  You haven't been letting the battery go flat, have you?   This can shorten its life considerably.

right back from CPW......INTERESTING INDEED.

FIRST SALES ASSISTANT DECIDED LIQUID DAMAGE GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Upon hearing the phrase `you really are a plonker mate`(apologies) :Smiling: two more mature assistants intervened.

after actually examining the phone the first came to the conclusion it was some sort of bleeding whilst the second kept going on about the ribbons beneath the screen were blown

The upshot is that it has been sent for repair and  on the repair receipt it does say the repair is covered under manufacturers  warranty.

So fingers crossed it does cost nothing and thanks to both of you for your support.

cheers