Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S5 - Latest upgrade has caused issues with Spotify

kfaerestrand
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm not enjoying the latest upgrade to the Samsung S5 (lollipop?) that I got a few days ago.  I've already had to turn off smart wifi as it kept connecting/disconnecting every 2 minutes (even though I have a steady and strong signal) and the pop up announcement was doing my head in.

It's also caused an issue with my Spotify that I can't figure out how/where to resolve.

Previously, when listening to spotify and my screen locked I had the ability to still pause/play & skip songs back/fwd without having to go to the trouble of unlocking the phone.

I also have the smart case and shutting it over made the spotify song playing, with pause/play & skip buttons, also appear in the small window so I didn't need to have it sitting open either.

Both of these functionalities have now gone.

I can't find any setting in either the Spotify settings or in the phone's screen lock settings.

I've resorted to taking my screen lock off completely when using Spotify because it was annoying me so much which isn't ideal. 

Does anyone have any idea how can I get it back to behaving like it did (automatically I might add) before the upgrade?

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @kfaerestrand 

Welcome to the eForum.

Please see our Firmware statement, for the information we can advise on this.

Thanks,

Sarah

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading thro' other forum posts seem to point toward a factory reset to resolve issues with lollipop, which is a major upgraded to the OS.  If you do so make sure you back up everything, contacts, photos etc., as it will revert your phone to factory sertings.

laurie