Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bluetooth connections

Aylmer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a mitec BCK08H handsfree in my car, but I can't fully link my smart first 6 phone to it; 'media audio' works fine, but 'phone audio' won't switch on.

The mitec device is 3 years old, so I guess its 'phone audio' protocol may be out of date - if so, what should I check for, when buying a new handsfree?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

The Smart Prime 6 from Vodafone has Bluetooth Ver. 4.0

It could be that your mitec device is Ver. 3.0 which might explain the compatibility issue?

If you buy a new hands-free device it might be worth checking that it is Bluetooth Ver. 4.1 (the latest version) but also backwards compatible. (It should be)

There is talk that Bluetooth is on the way out in favour of NFC but I suspect it will take a while before that happens?

TSD.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Aylmer

A warm welcome to the eforum. 

I would suggest to check out the Devices Manual which should clearly state which Bluetooth Protocols it accepts. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thesoupdragon

The Smart Prime 6 from Vodafone has Bluetooth Ver. 4.0

It could be that your mitec device is Ver. 3.0 which might explain the compatibility issue?

If you buy a new hands-free device it might be worth checking that it is Bluetooth Ver. 4.1 (the latest version) but also backwards compatible. (It should be)

There is talk that Bluetooth is on the way out in favour of NFC but I suspect it will take a while before that happens?

TSD.

Thanks so much - I've just looked at the spec of the mitec device, and it's bluetooth 2.1 !  So I'll search for a bluetooth 4 device, next.

hrym

@thesoupdragon wrote:

Really?   I thought NFC was short-range - Bluetooth works over about 10 yards, doesn't it?   I've seen devices with initial NFC setup, but always assumed they went over to BT afterwards?